A network related error called Winsock 10053 error is big problem in computer systems, one that causes the connection to the local network to be automatically aborted due to the inability of the remote host to recognize data. This error is usually encountered when users are connecting to the internet via the local network. The WinSock application is responsible for your PC’s ability to connect to the internet or other network machines, and so this error is a major problem as you will not be able to access the internet while the error ensues.
What Causes Winsock 10053 Errors?
Various reasons cause this error to appear. The main cause is the failure of your system to read and run the files that WinSock application requires. Other causes of this error may include infections from malware or computer viruses, wrong network settings, and registry setbacks. To fix this problem, you have to know the specific cause of it and carry out resolutions accordingly.
How To Fix WinSock 10053 Errors
To start repairing the errors, you have to remove the IP address that matches up to the external adapter of the computer’s Proxy server, and then stop the WINS support’s external adapter from running. To perform this task, you have to follow these steps:
- Select “Start” and then locate “Control Panel”.
- Next, click “Network” and then press the “Bindings” button.
- In the “Show Binding For” display box, choose “All Adapters” and then expand the listed adapters.
- After that, you have to press “WINS Client” (TCP/IP) and then select “Disable”.
- Restart your computer after completing the steps. Once you have rebooted your server, you can now proceed with the addition of the IP address of the client who is seeing the error alerts from the Proxy server’s LAT table.
- This can be done by opening the “Internet Service Manager” tool. Select the “Web Proxy” icon and then right-click on it. After that, press “Properties” and then choose ‘Local Address Table”. At this point, you have to add the proper range that covers the client’s IP address. Lastly, press “OK” twice.
Another way to resolve this problem is to run an anti-virus/anti-spyware program in your system. Malware or malicious software is capable of causing errors like the Winsock 10053 error. You can either remove the virus manually or you can do it through an automated tool like the “XOFTSPY” software, which is the highly recommended program. Manual removal is not suggested if you lack experience in doing such tasks, as it could just result in more damage to the PC.
The registry is also known to cause errors like the WinSock 10053 error. It is a central hub of information where Windows accesses the files it needs to run your programs. However, Windows retrieves hundreds of registry keys at the same time, and the speed it operates at makes it highly vulnerable to damage. The registry often gets corrupted or clogged up, making Windows unable to read the files it requires to load up programs. To address this issue, you have to download and run a reliable registry cleaner tool called the “Frontline Registry Cleaner”. This software is extremely successful in cleaning your system and in making it error-free.