How to Setup Netgear Router
Setting up a wireless router is not a daunting task, and therefore it can be done quite easily. There are certain things that have to be kept in mind before or while doing so. The steps should be taken very carefully so that there is no problem connecting to the router or router to the computer. The setting up of Wi-Fi is a very simple task if done under the guidance of an expert. There are various companies that offer expert help to set up Wi-Fi on your Netgear router.
The only thing you need to do is make a call, subscribe to the plan that suits you the most, and get going with your Netgear router. The router support is available round the clock and throughout the year for you to provide with the best help possible help.
Some steps need to be followed when it comes to setting up the Netgear wireless router. They are:
- You must choose a Netgear router that suits most to your requirements. You can choose from the wide range of Netgear router models that best fit your needs and budget.
- Now that you have chosen the best model for you, it’s time to get the most out of reasonable one. Make sure that you place the router in the central location so that there is no problem with the range of the router.
- Turn the router on and wait for a few seconds for it to boot. It takes time to boot, so make sure that you allow the router to boot and start.
- Make sure that the power light flashes while the router is booting. Once it is booted, the power light stays solid.
- Now connect your computer to the router, either with the wires or without any wires i.e, wireless. Now after connecting it to the router, reboot the computer so that it acquires the new IP address through the router’s DHCP. Make sure that the cable modem is connected to the WAN router port, now run the Internet Connection Setup Wizard.
- Follow the directions and provide the authentication information. Now connect the clients and start accessing the Internet.
There are many routers that are used nowadays and therefore the people have been quite keen to get the wireless routers. The design of the router also plays a vital role in the use of the routers. The portability of these modems is one of the reasons why they are used by the people.