Telecom is bringing unlimited data packs that can be used for a month at a cheap price
Nepal Telecom has started preparations to change the situation of having to use mobile internet very economically. The telco plans to launch new unlimited data packs, following the current market of short-term limited data packs.
According to Dilliram Adhikari, managing director of the company, the company plans to bring unlimited data packs that can be used for a whole month.
Dilliram Adhikari, managing director of the company, said, “We will soon be bringing cheap and unlimited data packs for a month.” According to him, a business plan is being made to provide such data packs for around Rs 400.
Telecom is aggressively pursuing a new unlimited data pack, following the current market of short-term limited data pack sales.
Telecom has been focusing on cheap and long-term data packs, especially as revenue from voice calls and international calls has plummeted.
On the other hand, despite the increase in data usage, it is becoming difficult to convert it into revenue, the official said.
According to Telecom data, 90 percent of data users now use packs. Only the remaining 10 percent use the internet normally without a pay as you go pack. Telecom is about to announce new data packs as a means of increasing the company’s revenue by increasing the use of data packs.
The company is also studying data packs that will be useful to customers at affordable prices, the official said. The company plans to create packs to cover such activities in the face of increasing Virtual activity due to the Covid-19 infection.
Telecom has already been providing cheap data packs for students to study. With the growing number of Forge users, the company has also focused on large data packs targeting new users, the official said.
FTTH in 55 districts
Along with mobile data, the telco has recently been increasing its investment in cable-based fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) expansion.
The company, which plans to provide the service to 1.174 million households, has so far completed network connectivity for 564,000 customers in 55 districts.
Out of the network ready, 180,000 customers are availing this service of the company so far. Gorkhapatra