Online Shopping in Nepal
RabinsXP has come up with online shopping tips in Nepal. Find out the best tips for online shopping in Nepal.
What is Online Shopping?
Online Shopping means buying any product or services through internet sitting at home. Companies had started selling their goods and services online after the revolution of World Wide Web. With the help of e-commerce sites like Pluck Online, Daraz, etc. you can do online shopping in Nepal. From these sites, you can shop a lot of products from your home.
But for buying and selling online you need to have some sorts of online payment systems like mobile wallets or Debit/Credit Cards or anything that allows you to internet transactions. Almost all banks in Nepal now provides Internet Banking facilities. In case your existing account doesn’t have this feature, just visiting the respective bank’s website or a visit to bank many enable this feature easily. Also, eSewa and Khalti are getting popular in Nepal which is contributing for cashless in Nepal.
Who first started Online Shopping?
In 1979, Michale Aldrich first started online shopping. He displayed the goods and products on the Television screen and took orders from Telephone. Later in 1980, he started Redifon’s Office Revolution connecting all the customers, agents, distributors, suppliers and service companies via the Internet. Before this in 1990, Tim Berners Lee had built World Wide Web or popularly known as WWW. It was officially used in 1991.
Online Shopping Benefits
I will share you some of the advantages of Online Shopping.
- You can online shopping 24/7 means you need not wait for a particular shop to open in particular time. You can buy any good or any products within your comfort zone of time.
- Since all the products specifications are mentioned in Online Shopping sites you can just browse as many products as you can before making any purchase. You can even compare multiple products.
- Now only the product comparison, you can compare prices too.
- With Online Shopping you will save your valuable time also the shopping manner will be more systematic.
- Instead of Online Shopping, if you are going to any shops or malls you may need extra fuel or may have to pay the parking fee. With everything online, you will get rid of these tensions.
- Billing is rapid fast in Online Shopping and you need to be in the queue at the counter waiting for your turn to come.
- Traditionally buying means carrying the loads be it a lightweight or heavyweight. With online shopping, your product gets delivered to your doorstep. This is quite time-saving and money saving too.
Online Shopping Demerits
With a lot of advantages, there are few disadvantages or say limitations in Online Shopping.
- Unlike traditional shopping, you can’t physically touch your products while buying online. For example, you can’t feel the clothes with hands, know the texture or measure it with your experiences. You cannot try the products like wearing clothes in normal shops. But a good thing is specifications are mentioned in Online Shopping Sites.
- Since you will be paying cash online, there might be chances of frauds. So, always buy from the trusted sites or at least you had previously done shopping with you.
- Returning back to the product might be quite difficult because the refund should also be done electronically.
- In Online Shopping, it takes time to get the ordered products. You can’t take the products instantly just like in the malls or any physical stores.
Online Shopping in Nepal is getting better and more secure. We are seeing the increase of e-commerce sites and the craze of online shopping all over Nepal. It’s because a lot of people have their own busy schedule and while they get time to surf the internet, it’s easier to order any goods or services and pay instantly than going shops by shops. It saves the fuel, time and indeed the money too.
How to do Online Shopping in Nepal?
For online shopping, you have to visit any shopping site, select the product you want to buy, add that product to the card, select the payment address and place the order paying via different modes. I will show you how to do online shopping in Nepal using Mobile App. For this, I’m using an android app called “Pluck Online (Shopping in Nepal)” which you can download from the play store clicking on the link. Here are the steps to buy online products in Nepal. I’m starting the example of placing an order after the app installation which you can find in the following steps.
Pluck Online is giving 50% discounts on every purchase only from Mobile. Why not grab this opportunity? Download the Pluck Online App Now. Pluck Online is an online store that sells various types of products, such as Accessories, Jewellery and Clothing. You can find quality products at the lowest cost all over Nepal.
Mobile Apps like Pluck Online has done a great job encouraging many youths to Online Shopping in Nepal. Feel free to share your online shopping experience in Nepal. Thanks for reading my online shopping tips for Nepali customers.