Why Buying A Used Car Is The Smarter Decision
Shopping for a new car is an exciting adventure but also can involve a lot of running around, dealing with different car dealerships and doing a lot of research. New cars are expensive.
According to reports, in 2015 the average price of a new vehicle was at $33,500 and right when you leave the dealership and hit the road in your new vehicle, the value of your car almost immediately drops at least 11%. A new car’s value also falls nearly 20% each year, lowering the value by almost 30% during just the first year.
That sparks the question, why wouldn’t everyone buy a used car? The reasons vary from wanting you to be the first and only owner, knowing what you are buying and not wanting to do the proper research.
While a brand new car should never be looked at as a bad investment, there are other options which can save you thousands of dollars and the difference in vehicles is not often far off.
For instance, if you shop around, go to dealerships and find the type of car you want, you shouldn’t stop there. Keep on shopping and look for used vehicles of that same model, depending on usage and mileage, you can save over $10,000 in some cases.
Many people think used cars are broken or beat up. And while that may be true, more likely than not when someone is selling their old car it is still in fine condition and they are probably looking for a change as well. Doing the right research and working with the right people is important to finding yourself the best deal out there.
Here are five of the best used cars that you can find for under $15,000.
1. Cadillac CTS 2011-2014 – The Cadillac CTS was a turning point for the automaker, making it more competitive by offering a more affordable price along with keeping the luxury, comfort and driving precision of their old models. This midsized car is one of the best options when looking for a used car.
2. Mazda 6 2014-2016 – While this may be hard to find, it is one of the best newer models you can buy used. The Mazda 6 has a great and clean interior, plenty of storage space and a variety of updated technology throughout the vehicle.
3. Honda CR-V 2012-2016 – For a compacted SUV, the Honda CR-V is one of the best bangs for your buck when buying used. Practical and reliable, the CR-V is one of the newer and best models you can find.
4. Toyota Camry Hybrid 2012-2015 – The Camry Hybrid is a great choice when buying used and looking for a cleaner ride. Offering a comfortable and efficient ride, the Camry Hybrid also returns about 40 miles per gallon, saving you even more money.
5. Toyota Tundra 2007-2013 – In terms of trucks, its hard to find a better deal than the Toyota Tundra. Durable and reliable, the Tundra is great for working, towing and essentially anything you might want out of a truck.
Buying a used car is the smarter decision. Not only will you save money, with the right amount of time looking and the right research, you can save a ton and put that money to use elsewhere.
Try and take the actual car you are looking at to a personal mechanic as well, allowing him or her to look over the vehicle to make sure nothing is wrong. That is very important to making sure the car is sound both inside and out.
There are many great places to shop for used cars, allowing you to test drive and check out your vehicles before you make any purchase. If you take the time to do the proper research and proper shopping, you will save on your new vehicle. For the new car buyer it makes sense to buy a used car, saving you money almost immediately as well as in the long run.
Regardless if you choose to buy new or used car, you will want to keep your new purchase protected. Finding cheap car insurance near me is the best bet to keeping yourself safe and covered no matter what event you might run into on the roads. The right insurance company will be with you every step of the way whether that be in a new or used car.