WordPress and Its Advantages
WordPress started in 2003 and since then, there has been no looking back. It has become the most powerful tool which is preferred by most leading businesses and has been used to create more than 70 million websites across the globe.
WordPress is the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system in today’s time. It is also the most used platform for blogging. And, it is free which is why even small businesses prefer using WordPress.
When you decide to have your own website, the first and the most important thing that you need to decide is what platform you want to build your website on.
Advantages of using WordPress
• It is free. For people just starting with a website, the free version is undoubtedly the best option. You can have a great experience of having a website and then eventually move to a self-hosted one.
• Massive choice of themes. WordPress has thousands of free themes to choose from. Or, even premium themes are available which can be bought for anywhere between $15 to $100. You can get your theme customized too. Choosing a nice theme is important as it portrays the appearance and feel of your website
• Ease of use. WordPress is super easy to use. You don’t need to have the knowledge of super complex HTML codes. If you have any problems with it at any point of time, you can easily hire a programmer to get it done.
• Numerous plugins available. WordPress offers the highest number of paid and free plugins than any other Content Management Systems. If you want an added feature to your website, you can easily get a plugin for that.
• Simpler Search Engine Optimisation. WordPress has several search engine optimization tools which make it easier to work on. Even the free version has certain SEO features thereby making it easier to work on.
• WordPress is easier to manage. It comes with a built-in updater who allows one to update themes and plugins from within the admin dashboard. It will also notify you when a new version of WordPress is available.
• WordPress can handle different media types. When you use WordPress, you are not just limited to writing text. You can embed YouTube videos, Instagram pictures, tweets or any website link by simply pasting the URL in the post.
• WordPress is safe and secure. WordPress is safe and secure to run any website on it as it was developed with security in mind.