How Softswitch Differs From Traditional Circuit Switch
Softswitch has modernized the way the telecom industry worked before. Assimilating a stream of solutions like voice, fax, data and video, the technology has transformed the basics of this industry. Below we will discuss how softswitch varies from conventional circuit switch.
The telecom industry has seen massive technical innovations in recent years. A development or innovation that cannot be overlooked is the modernized softswitch technology. The softswitch is rapidly replacing the traditional switches based on hardware. Softswitch technology allows linking over the web, wireless networks, conventional telephony networks and cable networks, resulting in a congregated network.
Softswitch: – Describing the term
Softswitch is an Internet Protocol- (IP) based voice and multimedia switch. Softswitch can process the signaling for various kinds of packet protocols. Call Agent, which is the key element in the VoIP solution, is referred to as softswitch.
How softswitch differs from a traditional circuit switch?
- Softswitch is software-based switching platform, whereas circuit switches are hardware-based.
- Softswitches are based on open systems, whereas the framework of traditional circuit switches is different.
- Softswitch is executed on general purpose servers, whereas circuit switches depend on dedicated conveniences for connection.
- Softswitch can handle a wide range of applications such as fax, voice, data and video, whereas circuit switches are developed mainly for voice communications.
Advantages of Softswitch:-
- Seamless assimilation of different networks and modules
- New revenue stream for softswitch solution providers
- Nominal cost of solution deployment and entire ownership
- Adaptability in use and operation
- Allowing innovative telecom services
- Trustworthy communication process
- Integrated messaging
Softswitch Perceptions & Functions:-
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) operates on the concept of fully separating switching units from the middle network framework. A VoIP network incorporates circuit switched phone and computer networks, with a softswitch working as a junction between both these networks. Softswitch transfers numerous data requests from a single network, lending functionality to it.
A main function of VoIP softswitch is to offer an adept and strong mechanism for inter-communication between packed-switched and circuit switched networks. When connected to a packet switched network, Voice over Internet Protocol forwards requests like voice and video conferencing, interactive chatting, web browsing and multimedia file sharing from both the above mentioned networks.
Class 4 softswitch
Class 4 softswitch is one among the highly expandable VoIP switch solutions available today. It accomplishes all your carrier-grade needs, perfect for both small and large scale patterns. Class 4 softswitch allows the delivery of safe, trustworthy VoIP traffic and solutions over diverse IP networks. Class 4 softswitch is a strong solution enabling clients to send carrier-grade VoIP solutions.