How to Reduce Computer Problems?
How can I prevent Computer problems? This is a question that people have asked me many times. The entire process of reducing Computer problems can be bundled under the banner of Computer Preventive Maintenance.
It is not rocket science and you don’t have to be an IT professional to keep your PC in a good shape. Any computer user can follow guidelines I have mentioned below and can reduce their PC problems dramatically.
Use this article as a computer maintenance tutorial.
So what you should do as part of preventive maintenance?
1. Use a good anti virus program. This is the most important piece of work in preventive maintenance. Installing the anti virus program is not good enough. You should do following as well.
– Set-up the program to download and install updates automatically.
– Schedule periodic full system scans.
– Check the virus definitions date regularly and see whether it is up to date.
2. Set-up your PC to Download and install “Windows Updates” automatically.
Windows updates include Operating System patches for bugs and PC security related issues. These patches can reduce many unknown computer problems.
3. Install anti Spyware program to detect Spyware tools.
4. Install a Personal Firewall. Most of the anti virus programs are bundled with a Personal Firewalls these days. Personal firewall is a barrier between your PC and the outside world. This can prevent your PC from hackers and Spyware tools.
5. Do not download and install unknown software from Internet. This is the biggest mistake most of the PC users are doing. Some of this software can damage the Windows registry, which cause lot of errors.
6. Uninstall unnecessary programs installed in your PC.
7. Be very careful when you download music from the Internet. Always stick to one trustworthy web site.
8. Perform Scandisk periodically to check the Hard Drive.
9. Delete temporary Internet files.
Readers can find detailed information FREE on Computer
maintenance and troubleshooting at http://www.preventiveguru.com
Most of above tasks can be done while you are reading this article. So what are you waiting for? Start now.