Doogee is well-known for its rugged smartphones. The company has now launched a new device called the Doogee S97 Pro. Typically, their handsets are jam-packed with tough hardware (the majority of which is the battery) and are otherwise constructed of solid components. So, let’s dig in to know the specs, features, availability, and expected price in Nepal of the Doogee S97 Pro.
Doogee S97 Pro Overview:
Design and Display
To begin with, the Doogee S97 Pro packs a toughened black shell with red, orange, and silver touches on the sides. The phone is MIL-STD-810G certified and has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front. Likewise, it has IP68 as well as IP69K rating. The latter signifies that the phone can withstand even steam-jet cleaning. That’s a tough one.
In terms of display, it boasts a 6.39″ HD+ (720 x 1560 pixels) LCD panel and a punch-hole cutout with prominent bezels. For biometrics, S97 Pro has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor embedded in the power on/off button.
Under the hood, the phone draws power from the MediaTek Helio G95 chipset. You can get it with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. Furthermore, the device boots on Android 11. S97 Pro gets its fuel from a big 8500mAh battery with support for 33W wired and 10W wireless fast charging. With such a huge battery, Doogee claims that it can provide up to three days of backup.
Over on the optics, Doogee S97 Pro has a quad rear camera module, comprising of Samsung’s 48MP primary sensor, an 8MP ultra-wide lens, a 2MP macro camera, and a 2MP portrait shooter. On the front, you get a 16MP selfie snapper.
But what makes the phone special is a professional laser rangefinder. Doogee claims that it can detect objects up to 40 meters far and even measure a room’s volume or area. For added variety, the laser rangefinder can be used in 8 different modes.
Rest of the specs
Aside from this, the S97 Pro has two customizable keys on left and supports GPS, Galileo, Glonass, and Beidou. You also get NFC for contactless payments. Moreover, it is available in three color options: Orange Tiger, Lava Red, and Silver Black.
Doogee S97 Pro Specifications:
- Body: 170.2 x 83.6 x 16.2 mm, MIL-STD-810G, IP68/IP69K certified
- Display: 6.39” HD+ DotDisplay LCD, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 270 PPI
- Resolution: HD+ (720 x 1560 pixels), 16.7 million colors
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G95 (12nm)
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 128GB internal storage
- YOU: Android 11
- Rear Camera: Quad (48MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 2MP macro, 2MP portrait)
- Front Camera: 16MP Samsung S5K3P3 ST sensor (punch-hole)
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Sensors: Formaldehyde detector, Proximity, G-sensor, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor, Geomagnetism
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ Glonass / Galileo / Beidou / USB Type-C, NFC, 4G LTE
- Special Feature: Laser rangefinder (up to 40 meters)
- Battery: 8500mAh with 33W wired charging, 10W wireless charging
- Colors: Orange Tiger, Lava Red, and Silver Black
Doogee S97 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
Doogee S97 Pro carries a price tag of USD 329 for the sole 8GB/128GB model. However, you can grab it at an introductory price of just USD 199 till June 25 via AliExpress. If and when Doogee launches S97 Pro in Nepal, we expect its price to be around NPR 40,000.
|Doogee S97 Pro||Price in the US||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|8/128GB||USD 329||NPR 40,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our long-term review of the OnePlus 9.