Meizu launched its first smartwatch back in 2016. 5 years later, the company has launched its successor. The new Meizu Watch comes with several upgrades, including a new design and an AMOLED screen compared to the Meizu Mix. Here, we will be looking at the specifications and features of the Meizu Watch, along with its expected price in Nepal.
Meizu Watch Overview:
Design and Display
Meizu Watch features a 1.78-inch AMOLED screen with a 368 x 448 pixels resolution. It results in a pixel density of 326 PPI. The display can get as bright as 500 nits while it is protected by 2.5D Gorilla Glass.
In terms of design, the new Meizu Watch looks a lot like the recent Apple Watch Series smartwatch. Its body uses a 6-series aluminum alloy. Similarly, Meizu has opted for ceramic material at the bottom. The watch weighs 69 grams (including strap) and comes with a fluoro-rubber strap.
Processor and Software
Inside, Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Wear 4100 platform runs the show. It is a 12nm quad-core chip with Cortex-A53 cores. This has been paired with 1GB RAM and 8GB of internal storage. On the software front, Meizu has made modifications to Google’s Wear OS. It is calling the custom UI “Flyme for Watch.”
Health and Fitness Tracking
Like most budget smartwatches these days, Meizu Watch can monitor your heart rate. It can even track your blood oxygen saturation (SpO2) level. The watch comes with 14 different sports modes, and it’s able to record activities like running, table tennis, cycling, mountain climbing, and so on. Unfortunately, there is no swim tracking despite Meizu’s claims of the watch being “waterproof”.
Rest of the features
Since it supports an eSIM, you will not need a smartphone to make/receive calls and messages. Its built-in GPS further cancels the need to bring a phone during your workout sessions. You can even stream music here. The watch has NFC for Meizu Pay. Similarly, it can connect to Wi-Fi while it is equipped with Bluetooth 4.2 to sync with your phone.
The company has not specifically listed the size of the battery, but it claims that it can last up to 36 hours on a single charge. With fast charging support, the watch can go from 0 to 35% in 15 minutes, and to 100% in an hour.
Meizu Watch Specifications:
- Build: Aluminum alloy body, Ceramic base, Fluro-rubber strap
- Body: 46 x 38.4 x 11.5 – 12.97mm
- Weight: 43g (without strap), 69g (with Strap)
- Display: 1.78-inches AMOLED panel, 2.5D Gorilla Glass
- Resolution: 368 x 448 pixels, 326 PPI
- Chipset: Snapdragon Wear 4100
- Software: Flyme for Watch (customized Wear OS)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Geomagnetic, Optical heart rate, Blood oxygen, Ambient light, Air pressure, GPS / Glonass / BDS / QZSS
- Storage: 1GB RAM, 8GB storage
- Sports mode: 14 sports modes
- Battery: Up to 32 hours
- Connectivity: eSIM, Wi-Fi 2.4, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC
- Charging: Proprietary charger (35% in 15 minutes, 100% in 1 hour)
Meizu Watch Price in Nepal & Availability
Meizu Watch is now available in China where it sells for 1,499 Yuan. The brand is no longer active in the Nepali market. However, this smartwatch may be available here through unofficial channels. As such, we expect the price of the Meizu Watch in Nepal to be NPR 30,000.
|Smartwatch||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Meizu Watch||1,499 Yuan||NPR 30,000|
- Check out our pick for the best smartwatches in 2021.