Nokia has launched its first repairability-focused smartphone in collaboration with iFixit. The company claims that using the iFixit guide, making simple repairs such as replacing a damaged display, bent charging port, or a flat battery is going to be much simple here. Let’s see what Nokia G22 has in store for us including all its features, specifications, expected price in Nepal, availability, and more.
Nokia G22 Overview:
Design and Display
According to Nokia, the G22’s back cover is made from 100% recycled plastic. While the phone’s packaging uses fully certified FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) Mix material. That means it is made of FSC-certified material, recycled material, or controlled wood. This phone further comes with a QuickFix design enabling more accessible self-repairs.
Moreover, Nokia G22 is also IP52 certified against dust and minor water spills. The company is even offering up to 3 years of warranty on this phone. Besides all this, Nokia G22 has a 6.52″ IPS LCD screen up front—protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass 3. It features an HD resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate. Nokia says this display has 500 nits of peak brightness and it supports brightness boost under sunlight conditions as well.
In terms of performance, Nokia G22 is powered by a Unisoc T606 chip, which is based on a 12nm fabrication process. Its octa-core CPU consists of two Cortex-A75 (@1.6 GHz) and six Cortex-A55 (@1.6 GHz) cores. For graphics, there is an integrated Arm Mali G57 MP1 GPU.
As expected, the Nokia G22 also boots on stock Android by default. But the company has shipped this guy with Android 12, which was announced all the way back in October 2021. Yet, the G22 will be getting 2 years of major OS updates and 3 years of monthly security updates. In terms of memory, the phone is available with 4GB RAM (alongside 2GB virtual RAM), and either 64/128GB UFS 2.2 storage. It even accepts up to 2TB of microSD card.
Moving on, Nokia G22 has a triple rear camera setup at the back. It consists of a 50MP f/1.8 main sensor and a couple of 2MP sensors for macro and portrait shots. On the front, there is an 8MP selfie shooter inside the V-shaped notch. You can shoot up to 1080p 30 fps videos from either camera.
Fueled by a 5050mAh battery, Nokia claims the G22 can last up to 3 days on a single charge. As for charging, it is compatible with 20W PD 3.0 fast charging. Audio-wise, Nokia G22 has a single speaker setup and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Nokia G22 Specifications:
- Design & Build: 76.19 x 165 x 8.48mm, 195.23gm, IP52 certified
- Display: 6.52-inches IPS LCD, 90Hz refresh rate, 500 nits
- Resolution: HD+ (1200 x 720 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Unisoc T606 (12nm)
- Memory: 3/4GB RAM, 64/128GB storage (expandable up to 256GB)
- Software & UI: Android 12
– 2 major OS updates
– 3 years of monthly security updates
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash)
– 50MP primary sensor, f/1.8, Autofocus (AF) – 2MP macro sensor – 2MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 8MP sensor
- Audio: Mono speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Face unlock with mask mode
- Sensors: Accelerometer (G-sensor), Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor
- Connectivity: WiFi 5 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Dual-band 2.4/5GHz, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC
- Battery: 5050mAh (removable), 20W charging, USB-C port
- Color Options: Meteor Grey, Lagoon Blue
Nokia G22 Price in Nepal and Availability
This repairability and sustainability-focused phone is already up for sale in Europe, where it costs EUR 179 for the 4/64GB configuration. We expect the price of the Nokia G22 in Nepal to be NPR 24,999 if and when it launches here.
|Nokia G22||Price In Europe||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/64GB||EUR 179||NPR 24,999|