After its debut in the Chinese market last month, the Oppo Reno 6 series has finally arrived in the Indian market. However, only the Reno 6 and Reno 6 Pro 5G have made it outside of China. That being said, let’s get into the specifications, features, and expected price of the Oppo Reno 6 and 6 Pro 5G in Nepal.
Oppo Reno 6, 6 Pro 5G Overview:
Design and Display
Here, the standard Reno 6 features a 6.43-inch AMOLED panel while the Pro variant debuts with a larger 6.55-inch AMOLED screen instead. Both of them support FHD+ resolution, 90Hz refresh rate, and HDR 10+. Plus, Oppo has secured SGS Eye Care and Netflix HD certification for these phones as well.
Coming to the design, the Reno 6 series appears to have been inspired by the iPhone 12 with its flat edges. However, the higher-end 6 Pro has a curved layout.
Similarly, both smartphones have a quad-camera arrangement on the back and a punch-hole on the left side of the screen. Oppo says it secured 20 global patents to come up with the shimmering anti-glare design for the Reno6 series.
Over on the performance, unlike the Reno 6 Pro+ 5G available in China, these smartphones are powered by MediaTek mobile platforms. The standard Reno 6 is driven by Dimensity 900 while the Pro variant is powered by the company’s flagship Dimensity 1200 SoC. In terms of memory, they are available with up to 12GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 256GB of storage. To note, Reno 6 has UFS 2.1 storage while the Pro variant adopts UFS 3.1 protocol.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, Reno 6 and 6 Pro have an identical camera arrangement, with one difference. The latter features an additional 2MP lens for portrait shots. Otherwise, both the devices have a 64MP primary, an 8MP ultra-wide, and a 2MP macro sensor.
Aside from that, the Pro variant has a 4,500mAh battery, while the vanilla Reno 6 gets a smaller 4,300mAh battery. Both of them support 65W SuperVOOC 2.0 fast charging though. Running the show is Oppo’s ColorOS 11.3 on top of Android 11. Similarly, you’ll find an optical in-display fingerprint scanner on both devices.
Oppo Reno 6, 6 Pro 5G Specifications:
- Display: 6.43″ (Reno 6) / 6.55″ (Reno 6 Pro), AMOLED, 90Hz
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 900 (Reno 6) / Dimensity 1200 (Reno 6 Pro)
- Memory: 8/12GB RAM, 128/256GB storage
- Software & UI: ColorOS 11.3 on top of Android 11
- Rear Camera:
- Reno 6: Triple (64MP primary, 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP macro)
- Reno 6 Pro: Quad (64MP primary, 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP depth, 2MP macro)
- Front Camera: 32MP (punch-hole)
- Security: Optical in-display fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual 5G, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / GLONASS / Beidou / Galileo / A-GPS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4300mAh (Reno 6 Pro)/ 4500 (Reno 6 Pro) with 65W charging
- Colors: Stellar Black and Aurora
Oppo Reno 6, 6 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
Reno 6, 6 Pro will be available in India from July 20 for INR 29,990 and INR 39,990, respectively. Oppo Nepal hasn’t launched a Reno series phone in a while, but these are likely to arrive here. We expect the starting price of Oppo Reno 6 and 6 Pro in Nepal to be NPR 53,000 and NPR 70,000, respectively.
|Oppo Reno 6 series||Price in India||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Reno 6 (8+128GB)||INR 29,990||NPR 53,000|
|Reno 6 Pro (12/256GB)||INR 39,990||NPR 70,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our unboxing and impressions of the Oppo F19 Pro.