Oppo has just updated its premium mid-range lineup with the new Reno 9 series. The series is home to three new smartphones, with the Reno 9 Pro Plus being the top-of-the-line model. In this article, we will discuss the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Oppo Reno 9 Pro+ in Nepal.
Oppo Reno 9 Pro+ Overview:
Design and Display
Oppo Reno 9 Pro+ is built around a 6.7-inch curved AMOLED panel with minimum bezels. The screen refreshes at 120Hz and has a touch sampling rate ranging from 120Hz to 240Hz. It is an FHD+ panel with 10-bit color depth and 100% DCI-P3 coverage. The screen has HDR10+ certification and boasts 2160Hz PWM Dimming for a comfortable viewing experience.
The screen is held together with the 3D-curved textured back with the aviation-grade aluminum frame, which extends to the camera bump. Reno 9 Pro+ measures 7.99mm in thickness and weighs around 192 grams. Oppo is offering the phone in three colorways: Bright Moon Black, Bihai Qing, and Tomorrow Gold.
Performance and Memory
Qualcomm and MediaTek have already lifted the curtains off the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 and Dimensity 9200, their latest flagship chips. However, it looks like Oppo is saving it for the Find X6 Pro. As a result, the new Reno 9 Pro+ gets the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 from last year.
The chip is based on an older 4nm process from TSMC and misses out on the new Cortex-X3 prime core and the new Adreno GPU with hardware-accelerated ray tracing. Interestingly, Oppo seems to have clocked down the chip to 2.995 GHz, down from the speed of UFS 3.1.
It is paired with 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM, and users can choose between 256GB and 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage.
Over on the back, Oppo Reno 9 Pro+ flaunts a triple camera setup consisting of a 50MP primary, 8MP ultrawide, and a 2MP depth sensor. The main sensor comes from Sony, although Oppo has not mentioned which, and it is the only one with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). The 8MP ultrawide sensor doubles as a 4cm macro camera.
Upfront, there is a 32MP autofocus-enabled selfie shooter. Oppo has also included its in-house MariSilicon X ISP for better portrait and low-light photography.
Rest of the specs
Fueling the phone is a 4,700mAh battery with 80W wired fast charging. You can even charge the Reno 9 Pro+ wirelessly at 50W. However, you will have to buy a wireless charger separately since it is not included in the box. The phone ships with the latest Android 13 with ColorOS 13 skin on top. Other notable features include stereo speakers, NFC, IR Blaster, and Wi-Fi 6.
Oppo Reno 9 Pro+ Specifications:
- Body: 73.6 x 161.5 x 7.99mm, 192 gm, Glass back, Aluminum frame
- Display: 6.7-inches AMOLED panel, 120Hz refresh rate, 120/240Hz touch sampling rate, Up to 950 nits brightness
- Resolution: FHD+ (2412 x 1080 pixels), 394 PPI, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4nm mobile platform)
- Memory: 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256/512GB UFS 3.1 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 13 with OPPO’s ColorOS 13 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 50MP Sony IMX890 f/1.8, OIS
– 8MP, f/2.2 ultrawide lens, 120º FOV
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro lens
– MariSilicon X Imaging NPU
- Front Camera: 32MP Sony IMX709 f/2.4 sensor (hole-punch cutout)
- Audio: Dual stereo speaker, No 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor (optical)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Geomagnetic, Gravity, Gyroscope, Light, Optical, Pedometer, Proximity
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 6 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS / AGPS / Glonass / Galileo / QZSS / Beidou, USB Type-C, 4G LTE (VoLTE), 5G
- Battery: 4,700mAh with 80W wired SuperVOOC, 50W wireless
Oppo Reno 9 Pro+ Price in Nepal and Availability (Expected)
The price of the Oppo Reno 9 Pro+ is CNY 3,999 for the 256GB variant and CNY 4,399 for the 512GB model. Oppo has not launched a Reno smartphone in Nepal for 3 years. However, if the Oppo Reno 9 Pro+ launches in Nepal, we expect the price to start at NPR 82,499.
|Oppo Reno 9 Pro+||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|16GB+256GB||CNY 3,999||NPR 82,499|
|16GB+512GB||CNY 4,399||NPR 89,999|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Oppo Reno 8 Pro.