Poco has just refreshed its mid-range X-series with X5 and X5 Pro. Now the company is gearing up to introduce new a entry in its budget C-series. It’s been teasing the launch of the Poco C55 smartphone for a while now. The budget phone will launch in India on February 21. So let’s go over the Poco C55’s specifications, features, availability, and expected price.
Poco C55 Rumors:
Design and Display
As shown in the official teaser, Poco C55 boasts a faux leather back panel. Poco’s signature camera island is still here covering the whole width, and housing the camera module. Likewise, a fingerprint scanner can be spotted near the module. As a budget phone, the frame is likely to be plastic.
If rumors are to believe, the phone is a rebranded version of Redmi 12C. Poco’s rebranding culture of the Redmi phone is still prevalent. So, going by the specs of the 12C, the upcoming Poco C55 will pack a Mediatek Helio G85 chipset. This 12nm SoC is a midrange one which has been used in devices like Moto G31, Realme Narzo 50A, Infinix Note 12i, etc.
Moving on, the phone will sport a 6.71 inches IPS LCD screen with HD+ resolution. The teardrop notch display will bear 500nits of peak brightness and 268PPI if the spec goes the same with Redmi 12C.
As for the optics, the C55 will feature a dual camera setup. The primary 50MP sensor is said to be accompanied by a depth unit. On the front side, there is likely to be a 5MP snapper for selfies and video calls.
Likewise, the phone will have a memory configuration of up to 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. Additional expected features are MIUI 13 built on top of Android 12, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a micro USB port.
Poco C55 Specifications (Rumored):
- Display: 6.71-inch LCD, 60Hz
- Resolution: HD+ (720 x 1600 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G85 (12nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: Up to 6GB RAM, Up to 128GB storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: MIUI 13 on top of Android 12
- Rear Camera: Dual (50MP primary, Auxiliary lens)
- Front Camera: 5MP
- Security: Rear fingerprint sensor, Face unlock
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, mono speaker
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (2.4GHz), Bluetooth 5.0
- Battery: 5,000mAh with 10W charging via micro-USB
Poco C55 Launch and Availability
The smartphone is launching on February 21st at 12:00 noon in India. On the other hand, Redmi 12C is also making its global debut on February 26. As of now, there is no solid info about the pricing. We’ll update the article as and when the smartphone becomes available.
- Meanwhile, you can watch our Poco M5 review