After a lot of teasers, Poco has finally launched the Poco M3 in Nepal. To note, the Poco M3 is pretty much the exact same phone as the Redmi 9 Power or Redmi 9T which are already available in Nepal. Besides a different design, the Poco M3 doesn’t have an ultrawide lens, unlike its two Redmi siblings. With that out of the way, let’s check out the specs, features, official price, and availability of Poco M3 in Nepal.
Poco M3 Overview:
Design and Display
Anyway, Poco M3 sports a 6.53-inch Dot Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on top for protection. It’s an FHD+ panel with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. According to the company, the display covers 70% of the NTSC color gamut and has a contrast ratio of 1500:1.
Moreover, it has TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certification. There’s also Widevine L1 certification for HD+ streaming on your favorite streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.
The design of the Poco M3 makes it stand out among its competition. It comes with a rectangular camera module which is enclosed by a larger rectangle with the Poco logo engraved. This gives the device its distinctive look. Poco says that the camera bump measures less than 1mm. The rest of the panel has an anti-fingerprint texture.
Performance and Memory
Poco M3 comes with Snapdragon 662 SoC. It is based on Qualcomm’s 11nm process and features eight Kryo 260 CPU cores with a clock speed of up to 2GHz. It is paired with Adreno 610 GPU.
The device comes with 4 or 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM, while users can choose between 64GB or 128GB of internal storage. Here, the 64GB option is based on UFS 2.1 technology, whereas you will get the faster UFS 2.2 on the 128GB variant. Poco M3 boots with MIUI 12 for Poco based on Android 11 out-of-the-box.
Talking about the cameras, there are three sensors in the rear panel and one in the front. The primary camera has been bumped to 48MP from 16MP on the Poco M2. The primary camera has a 1/2” sensor and an aperture of f/1.79. It is accompanied by a 2MP macro lens and another 2MP sensor for the portrait sensor.
Unfortunately, Poco decided to ditch the ultra-wide sensor that was on the M2. Similarly, the macro sensor has been downgraded from 5MP to 2MP.
In terms of videos, the rear camera is capable of recording up to 1080p footage at 30fps and slow-motion videos at 120fps. On the front, there is an 8MP front camera with an AI Beauty feature.
Rest of the specs
Poco M3 is backed up by a massive 6000mAh battery that promises up to 583 hours of standby time. The phone supports 18W fast charging just like its predecessor. Poco claims that the battery on this device can be charged up to 1,000 times and that its life span is 25% longer than normal smartphones.
The other highlight of the phone is its Hi-Res Audio-certified dual-speaker. There is a fingerprint sensor on the side but one can also use the AI Face Unlock as well.
Poco M3 Specifications:
- Body: 6.39 x 3.04 x 0.38 inches, 198 gm
- Display: 6.53-inches “Dot Drop” IPS LCD, 395PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light certification, NTSC 70%
- Resolution: FHD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels), 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11nm Mobile Platform)
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Silver)
- Memory: 4/6GB RAM, 64GB UFS 2.1/128GB UFS 2.2 storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: MIUI 12 for POCO on top of Android 10
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 48MP, f/1.79 primary lens
– 2MP, f/2.4 depth sensor
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro sensor
- Front Camera: 8MP, f/2.05 lens (notch)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, stereo speaker, Hi-Res audio
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / Glonass / Galileo / Beidou, USB Type-C, 4G LTE
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity, Vibration Motor, IR Blaster, Proximity
- Battery: 6000mAh with 18W charging (22.5W brick inside the box)
- Color options: POCO Yellow, Cool Blue, Power Black
- Read our review of Poco M3.
Poco M3 Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of Poco M3 in Nepal is NPR for the 4/64GB variant while the 6/128GB option costs NPR 17,999 and NPR 19,999 respectively. You will be able to buy Poco M3 from different Xiaomi authorized retail stores and the company’s e-commerce partners like Daraz and Sastodeal pretty soon
|Poco M3||Price in Nepal|
- Watch our review of the Poco M3.