Poco started the year with an entry-level phone called C50. The company has now refreshed its mid-range X-series with the Poco X5 and X5 Pro. We’ve covered everything about the Poco X5 in a separate story. While, in this article, we will go through the specs, features, availability, and expected price of the Poco X5 Pro in Nepal.
Poco X5 Pro Overview:
The new Poco X5 Pro is heavily based on Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition. The phone was launched towards the end of last year. While Redmi Note 12 series made its debut in India in January, the Note 12 Pro Speed Edition is still a China-exclusive phone.
Anyways, the X5 Pro takes a massive jump in performance compared to its predecessor. Last year, Poco X4 Pro replaced the Snapdragon 860 on its predecessor with a mid-tier Snapdragon 695. So Poco makes amends this year by including the Snapdragon 778G on the X5 Pro.
Memory-wise, it is available in two configurations: 6GB RAM with 128GB storage and 8GB RAM with 256GB storage. Both of these models include a microSD card slot for memory expansion. In terms of software, it comes pre-installed with the most recent MIUI skin, MIUI 14, but it’ll be based on Android 12.
Moving on, Poco X5 Pro brings a beautiful 10-bit OLED screen. The 6.67-inch screen sports the same 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate as its predecessor. But the X5 Pro also has HDR10+ and Dolby Vision support along with a 1920Hz PWM dimming to protect the eyes in low-light situations. There’s a Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front for accidental drops and scratches.
As for the design, the Poco X5 Pro doesn’t necessarily look different from its predecessor. That is, it retains the wide camera module design on the back and comes with flat frames. Similarly, it is available in three color options: Blue, black, and, of course, Poco Yellow.
You might also like:
Moving on, the smartphone flaunts a triple camera setup at the back. The primary sensor is a 108MP ISOCELL HM2 sensor from Samsung, which is accompanied by an 8MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro sensor. Thanks to the upgraded Snapdragon 778G chip, you will be able to record 4K recordings from the back camera. For selfies, the punch-hole cutout on the front encloses a 16MP camera.
Finally, the phone is powered by a 5,000mAh battery and supports 67W fast charging. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and face unlock for biometrics options.
Poco X5 Pro 5G Specifications:
- Display: 6.67-inches OLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 10-bit color depth, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 402 PPI, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6nm mobile platform)
- Memory: 6/8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128/256GB UFS 2.2 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 12 with MIUI 14 for Poco on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 108MP, f/1.88 Samsung ISOCELL HM2
– 8MP, f/2.2 ultrawide sensor, 119° FoV
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP sensor (hole-punch cutout)
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers, Headphone jack, Dolby Atmos Audio
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted), Face unlock
- Battery: 5000mAh with 67W wired charging
Poco X5 Pro Price in Nepal and Availability
The smartphone is available in India for INR 22,999 for the 6/128GB variant and INR 24,999 for the 8/256GB variant. It will go on sale on February 13. We expect the price of the Poco X5 Pro to start at NPR 42,000, if and when it launches in Nepal.
|Poco X5 Pro||Price in India||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|6/128GB||INR 22,999||NPR 40,000|
|8/256GB||INR 24,999||NPR 45,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Poco F4 GT.