Poco started the year with an entry-level phone called C50. The company is now looking to refresh its mid-range X-series. As per the latest rumors, the upcoming X5 series will be home to at least two phones: a vanilla and a Pro model. While the former is still shrouded in mystery, the latter has leaked in full ahead of the alleged January launch. So, let’s look at every bit of information that we have about the Poco X5 Pro, including specs, features, and launch.
Poco X5 Pro Rumors Roundup:
According to the India tipster Yogesh Brar, the upcoming Poco X5 Pro will be heavily based on Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition. The phone was launched towards the end of last year. While Redmi Note 12 series made its debut in India last week, the Note 12 Pro Speed Edition is still a China-exclusive phone.
If this new report comes true, Poco X5 Pro will take a completely different route than its predecessor. The main selling point of the Poco X3 Pro was the flagship-level Snapdragon 860 in the mid-range segment. However, it will now be replaced with Snapdragon 778G in the X5 Pro.
On the other hand, Poco X5 Pro will bring a beautiful 10-bit OLED screen which was missing from its predecessor. The 6.67-inch screen will sport the same 120Hz refresh rate and 240Hz touch sampling rate. Moreover, the X5 Pro will have support for HDR10+ and Dolby Vision.
You might also like:
Moving on, Poco X5 Pro will flaunt a triple camera setup at the back. It will have Samsung’s 108MP ISOCELL HM2 sensor as the primary camera. Accompanying it will be an 8MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro sensor. The punch-hole cutout on the front will enclose a 16MP selfie camera.
Finally, the phone will be powered by a 5,000mAh battery and support 67W fast charging. It will ship with Android 13-based MIUI 14 for Poco. It will have a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and face unlock for biometrics options.
Poco X5 Pro 5G Specifications (Rumored):
- Display: 6.67-inches OLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 10-bit color depth
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 402 PPI, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6nm mobile platform)
- Memory: 6/8/12GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128/256GB UFS 2.2 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 13 with MIUI 14 for Poco on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 108MP, f/1.88 Samsung ISOCELL HM2
– 8MP, f/2.2 ultrawide sensor, 119° FoV
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP sensor (hole-punch cutout)
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers, Headphone jack, Dolby Atmos Audio
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted), Face unlock
- Battery: 5000mAh with 67W wired charging
Poco X5 Pro Expected Launch Date
As of now, Poco is yet to acknowledge the existence of the X5 family. Still, it is rumored that Poco X5 Pro will be announced by the end of January, along with the vanilla X5.