Realme 8 was announced yesterday along with its Pro sibling via an online event. It is the successor to last year’s Realme 7. Let’s take a look at the specs, features, expected price, and availability of Realme 8 in Nepal.
Realme 8 Overview:
Design and Display
The biggest upgrade that the Realme 8 has over its predecessor is the display. Realme has opted for a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED panel here and in doing so, ditched the 90Hz refresh rate. You still get a touch sampling rate of 180Hz though. Since it’s a Super AMOLED panel, the fingerprint scanner is now on under the screen.
At the back, the “split design” is more profound because of the “Dare to Leap” branding. The phone is available in two color options – Cyber Black and Cyber Black. Realme 8 is just 7.9mm thick and weighs around 177 grams.
Performance and Memory
There is nothing new on the performance front on this phone. Realme 8 inherits the same Helium G95 chipset that powered its predecessor. The top-end variant comes with 8GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 storage. The base model now features 4GB RAM and 128GB storage while the phone is also available in a 6/128GB configuration. Thankfully, Realme 8 ships with Realme UI 2.0 based on Android 11 out-of-the-box.
A 64MP sensor leads the quad-camera setup at the back. Except for the primary sensor, the camera setup is similar to that of its Pro sibling. There is an 8MP sensor for ultrawide shots and two additional 2MP lenses for macro photos and monochrome effect. While the Realme 8 doesn’t feature a 108MP camera, some of the new camera features of the Pro model are available here.
For instance, users will be able to enjoy Tilt-Shift Mode, second-gen Starry mode, Dynamic bokeh on Realme 8. On the front, there is a 16MP selfie camera from Sony. It supports Super Nightscape, AI Beauty, Portrait, and HDR mode.
Rest of the specs
Fueling the device is a massive 5,000mAh battery with a standby period of 40 days. It supports 30W Dart Charge that can fill the device from 0 to 100% in just 65 minutes. The phone features a triple card slot and has support for dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.1.
Realme 8 Specifications:
- Display: 6.4-inch Super AMOLED panel, 90.8% screen to body ratio, 180Hz touch sampling rate
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 409PPI
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G95 (12nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2x Cortex-A76 + 6x Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Small G76 MC4
- Memory: 4/6/8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB UFS 2.1 storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: Realme UI 2.0 on top of Android 11
- Rear Camera: Quad – 64MP primary, 8MP Ultra-wide-angle, 2MP BnW, 2MP Macro
- Front Camera: 16MP Sony IMX471 lens (punch-hole)
- Security: Optical fingerprint sensor (in-display)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz, 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS / AGPS / Beidou / Glonass, Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 30W SuperDart Charge
Realme 8 Price in Nepal & Availability
Realme 8 is now available in India where its price starts at INR 14,999 for the 4/128GB model. Similarly, the 6/128GB and 8/128GB variants cost INR 15,999 and 16,999, respectively. We expect the price of Realme 8 in Nepal to start at NPR 27,000 when it launches here later on.
|Realme 8||Price in India||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/128GB||INR 14,999||NPR 27,000|
|6/128GB||INR 15,999||NPR 30,000|
|8/128GB||INR 16,999||NPR 32,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Realme X7.