Aiming at the budget smartphone market, Redmi has launched a new device under the number series, called the Redmi 10. It features upgrades over the standard Redmi 9 in almost all aspects. So, let’s get into the specs, features, availability, expected price of Redmi 10 in Nepal.
Redmi 10 Overview:
Design and Display
The design of the Redmi 10 is in line with the Redmi Note 10 series’ Evol design. It features a plastic build and weighs around 181 grams.
On the front, it has a 6.5-inch LCD panel with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. The device sports an AdaptiveSync refresh rate, which cleverly changes refresh rate between 45Hz, 60Hz, and 90Hz based on the content on the screen. Likewise, there’s Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on the front.
Moreover, there’s a centrally aligned punch-hole camera on the front. The Redmi 10 comes in three colors — Carbon Gray, Pebble White, and Sea Blue. The former two feature a matte finish whilst the latter has a glossy finish.
Powering the device is the MediaTek Helio G88 chipset coupled with up to 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. To note, it’s the first device to feature this chipset. As for software, it comes pre-installed with Android-11 based MIUI 12.5.
Furthermore, the device is backed by a 5000mAh battery which supports 18W fast charging and 9W reverse charging. Redmi includes a 22.5W adapter included inside the box.
In terms of optics, the Redmi 10 has a quad-camera setup on the rear. It consists of a 50MP primary sensor, 8MP ultra-wide, two auxiliary sensors. For selfies and video calls, it uses an 8MP snapper. The rear cam can record 1080p videos at 30fps.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, the device retains a stereo-speaker setup and 3.5mm jack from the Note 10 series. For biometrics, it has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. Similarly, the device comes with a hybrid SIM slot.
Redmi 10 Specifications:
- Body: 161.95 x 75.53 x 8.92mm, 181 gm
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD, AdaptiveSync (45Hz/60Hz/90Hz), Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G88 (12nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64/128GB eMMC storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: MIUI 12.5 on top of Android 11
- Rear Camera: Quad (50MP primary, 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP macro, 2MP depth)
- Front Camera: 8MP (punch-hole)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W charging
- Color options: Pebble White, Carbon Gray, Sea Blue
Redmi 10 Price in Nepal and Availability
Xiaomi Redmi 10 is available at an asking price of $179, $199, and $219 for the 4GB + 64GB, 4GB + 128GB, and 6GB + 128GB storage configurations, respectively. It will be available for purchase from August 20. We expect the price of Redmi 10 to start from NPR 25,000, if and when it’s launched in Nepal.
|Redmi 10||Price in the US||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4+64GB||USD 179||NPR 25,000|
|4+128GB||USD 199||NPR 28,000|
|6+128GB||USD 219||NPR 30,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Redmi Note 10 Pro Max.