The latest entrant in Xiaomi’s Redmi series is the Redmi 10 Prime. It’s the successor to the Redmi 9 (Prime) from last year and has a spec sheet similar to this year’s Redmi 10. So, let’s get into the specs, features, expected price, and availability of Redmi 10 Prime in Nepal.
Redmi 10 Prime Overview:
Design and Display
Redmi 10 Prime boasts a 6.5-inch LCD screen with FHD+ resolution. It has a 90Hz Adaptive refresh rate that can switch between 45Hz, 60Hz, and 90Hz refresh rates to match the content frame. The panel has a 20:9 aspect ratio and a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
In terms of design, it has a punch-hole camera on the front, and the back has the standard “Evol” design. Redmi 10 Prime comes in three colors — Phantom Black, Bifrost Blue, and Astral White.
Under the hood, the device packs the MediaTek Helio G88 processor. The chipset is accompanied by up to 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of internal storage. In addition, you can assign 2GB of internal storage for virtual RAM. The device boots on Android 11 based MIUI 12.5.
Moreover, the biggest difference between the Redmi 10 and 10 Prime is the battery. The former boasts a 5000mAh battery while the latter comes with a 6000mAh cell. However, both devices support 18W fast charging, 9W reverse wireless charging and come with a 22.5W adapter in the box.
Over on the camera, Redmi 10 Prime has a quad-camera setup on the back led by a 50MP primary lens. This is followed by an 8MP ultra-wide lens, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensor. The rear camera can record 1080p videos at 30fps. At the front, it has an 8MP front camera for selfies and video calls.
Rest of the specs
Aside from that, the device brings a stereo speaker setup and also retains the 3.5mm jack. Unfortunately, it lacks a dedicated fingerprint sensor.
Redmi 10 Prime Specifications:
- Body: 161.95 x 75.57 x 9.56mm, 192 gm
- Display: 6.5-inch LCD, AdaptiveSync (45/60/90Hz), Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels)
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G88 4G (12nm Mobile Platform)
- Memory: 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM (expandable up to 2GB)
- Storage: 64/128GB storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: MIUI 12.5 on top of Android 11
- Rear Camera: Quad (50MP primary, 8MP ultra-wide, 2MP macro, 2MP depth)
- Front Camera: 8MP (punch-hole)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, stereo speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1
- Battery: 6,000mAh with 18W charging
- Color options: Phantom Black, Bifrost Blue, Astral White
Redmi 10 Prime Price in Nepal and Availability
Redmi 10 Prime price starts at INR 12,499 for the base variant while the 6/128GB variant costs INR 14,499. It will be available for purchase from September 7 via Xiaomi India’s website. We expect the price of Redmi 10 Prime to start at around NPR 22,000 when it launches shortly in Nepal
|Redmi 10 Prime||Price in India||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/64GB||INR 12,499||NPR 22,000|
|6/128GB||INR 14,499||NPR 26,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Redmi Note 10.