Before the Redmi Note 12 series goes global next month, Xiaomi has added another device to the lineup. The newly launched Note 12 Pro Speed Edition is the sixth phone in the lineup. It was announced at an event in China, alongside the much-awaited K60 series and other accessories. So, let’s dive into the details about the Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition, including the official specs, features, expected price, and availability in Nepal.
Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition Overview:
Design and Display
The looks and design of the new Speed Edition are in line with the rest of the Note 12 Pro series. Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition sports flat frames with rounded corners. There are no curves elsewhere, just like on the Note 12 Pro. We get a rectangular camera module at the back, but with a slight difference. The LED flash is round and placed toward the top, in contrast to the bottom left position on the rest of the Note 12 series.
Over on the front, there is a 6.67-inch OLED screen with a punch-hole cutout for the selfie camera. It is an FHD+ screen with support for 120Hz refresh rate. As a cost-saving measure, Redmi has placed the fingerprint scanner on the side of the Note 12 Pro Speed Edition, despite the phone having an OLED screen.
Performance and Memory
What really sets the new Speed Edition apart from other Redmi Note 12 series phones is the processor. The phone is powered by the Snapdragon 778G 5G, the same chip found in popular mid-rangers like the Xiaomi 12 Lite and Galaxy A52s . Based on a 6nm process, the Snapdragon 778G Plus brings a three-tier core architecture with 1x Cortex-A78 Prime (@2.4GHz), 3x Cortex-A78 Performance (@2.2GHz), and 4x Cortex-A55 cores (@1.9GHz).
All in all, the phone should perform better than the Dimensity 1080-powered siblings, making it worthy of the Speed Edition moniker. Moving on, the chip is paired with up to 12GB of RAM and 512GB of internal storage. It is also among the first Redmi phone to ship with MIUI 14 based on Android 13. To recall, all previous Note 12 series phones came pre-installed with Android 12-based MIUI 13.
You might also like:
Over on the photography front, Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition’s triple camera setup is headlined by a 108MP primary sensor. Unlike the Note 12 Pro and Pro+, this one lacks Optical Image Stabilization (OIS). Accompanying it are an 8MP ultrawide and a 2MP macro sensor. Likewise, you get a 16MP selfie camera housed inside a punch-hole cutout on the front.
Rest of the specs
Finally, Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition packs a 5,000mAh battery and supports 67W charging via the Type-C port. Redmi even includes a compatible charger inside the box. The phone is compatible with 5G, Wi-Fi 6, and Bluetooth 5.2 networks.
Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition Specifications:
- Body: 162.91 x 76.03 x 7.9 mm, 181 gm
- IP Rating: Yes, IP53
- Display: 6.67-inches OLED, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 10-bit color depth
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 402 PPI, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6nm mobile platform)
- Memory: 6/8/12GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128/256GB UFS 2.2 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 13 with Xiaomi’s MIUI 14 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 108MP, f/1.88 Samsung ISOCELL HM2
– 8MP, f/2.2 ultrawide sensor, 119° FoV
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro sensor
- Front Camera: 16MP sensor (hole-punch cutout)
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers, Headphone jack, Dolby Atmos Audio
- Security: Fingerprint sensor (side-mounted), Face unlock
- Battery: 5000mAh with 67W wired charging
- Color Options: Midnight Black, Shimmer Green, Lite Pink
Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition Price in Nepal (Expected)
As of now, Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition is limited to the Chinese market, where it starts at CNY 1,699 and goes all the way up to CNY 1,999. If it launches in Nepal, we expect the price of the Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition in Nepal to start at NPR 42,499.
|Redmi Note 12 Pro Speed Edition||Price in China (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|6/128GB||CNY 1,699||NPR 42,499|
|8/256GB||CNY 1,799||NPR 44,999|
|12/256GB||CNY 1,999||NPR 49,999|
- Meanwhile, check out our unboxing and initial review of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 12 Pro+.