Back in February, Redmi launched the RedmiBook Pro 14 with Intel’s Tiger Lake processors. Now, the company has come up with the Ryzen Edition of the laptop. Here, we will be discussing the major specifications, features, expected price, and availability of the RedmiBook Pro 14 Ryzen Edition in Nepal.
RedmiBook Pro 14 Ryzen Edition Overview:
Performance and Memory
As mentioned earlier, the biggest difference between this edition of RedmiBook Pro and the one from back in February is the choice of processor. The new RedmiBook Pro 14 is powered by AMD’s latest Ryzen 5000-series mobile processors.
Here, the base variant is powered by Ryzen 5 5500U, which features 6 cores and 12 threads. Its base and max boost clock speeds are rated at 2.1GHz and 4.0GHz, respectively.
There is also a Ryzen 7 5700U variant. This octa-core CPU has a base and max boost clock of 1.8GHz and 4.3GHz, respectively.
Both these processors use the older Zen 2 architecture. These U-series CPUs prioritize portability over performance. With a configurable TDP of 10 to 25W on these silicons, Redmi has gone with a single fan cooling setup on the RedmiBook Pro 14.
Complementing this are two heat pipes of 8mm diameter each. Users can manually switch between three performance modes. In terms of memory, both variants are available with 16GB of RAM and 512GB of SSD storage.
Rest of the specs
Besides all this, the Ryzen edition of the RedmiBook Pro 14 is similar to the Intel-powered version. It features a 14-inch 2.5K display with 300 nits of brightness. This screen has a 16:10 aspect ratio and a 216 PPI pixel density. Likewise, it covers 100% of sRGB color space and even supports DC Dimming.
The laptop’s chassis is made from aviation-grade aluminum alloy using a CNC-machining process. It is 16mm thick and weighs just 1.42kg. The keyboard has 0.3mm hyperboloid keycaps. The keys are backlit as well and one can choose from three levels of brightness. The fingerprint scanner has been integrated into the power button.
Redmi claims that the 56WHr battery on the laptop can last for 16 hours. A 65W AC adapter is included in the box. For connectivity, you get two USB-C, two USB-A, an HDMI, and a 3.5mm jack. There is no Thunderbolt port because of the chip limitation.
Still, the company says that the dual USB-C ports support charging and video transmission. Yet, Redmi has not mentioned which port supports which.
RedmiBook Pro 14 Ryzen Edition Specifications:
- Display: 14-inches 2.5K (2560 x 1600) Super Retina screen, 60Hz
- Display properties: 100% sRGB, 16:10 aspect ratio, TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light, 300 nits
- Keyboard: Full-sized backlit keyboard (1.3mm key travel)
- Touchpad: Multi-touch supported PTP touchpad (125 x 81.6mm)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U /Ryzen 7 5700U
- RAM: 16GB DDR4 RAM @3200MHz
- Storage: 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
- Graphics: Integrated Radeon graphics
- Audio: 2x 2W stereo speaker setup, DTS Audio
- Battery: 56 WHr, 65W USB-C power adapter
- Webcam: 720p HD camera
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 6 (ax), Bluetooth 5.1
- I / O ports: 1x 3.5mm mic/headphone jack, 1x USB 2.0 Type-A, 2x USB Type-C, 1x HDMI, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x 3.5mm jack
RedmiBook Pro 14 Ryzen Edition Price in Nepal
RedmiBook Pro 14 will be available in China from June 1 where its price starts at 4,299 Yuan for the Ryzen 5 option. Xiaomi is yet to launch a RedmiBook product in Nepal but if it does, we expect the price of the RedmiBook Pro 14 Ryzen Edition to start at NPR 85,000.
|RedmiBook Pro 14 Ryzen Edition||Price in China||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Ryzen 5 5500U||4,299 Yuan||NPR 85,000|
|Ryzen 7 5500U||4,699 Yuan||NPR 95,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Mi 11x (POCO F3).