The Galaxy A14 5G was Samsung’s first launch for 2023, and the smartphone is available in Nepal too. Now, the company recently launched the 4G variant of Galaxy A14. So, let’s get into the full specifics, pricing, and availability of the new Samsung Galaxy A14 4G.
Samsung Galaxy A14 4G Overview:
The Galaxy A14 4G does not come up with a new design. That is, it retains the flat-edge design and three camera rings protruding from the back panel. The front also keeps the Infinity-V-shaped notch along with a 6.6-inch IPS LCD panel with FHD+ resolution.
The refresh rate is also the same as the 5G model which is 90Hz. Likewise, the color options are Black, Silver, Green, and Dark Red.
The main difference between the Galaxy A14 4G and the 5G variant is the chipset. Here, we get an octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 processor. Based on 12nm, the SoC has two Cortex-A75 (@2.0GHz) and six Cortex-A55 CPUs. Thus, it can handle your day-to-day tasks with ease, but it’s not the best when it comes to gaming.
The memory option will include 6GB of RAM and up to 128GB of storage. It will also ship with Android 13-based OneUI 5.0 out-of-the-box.
Samsung has also made a minor camera change to the A14 4G. While the primary and macro sensors remain unchanged at 50MP and 2MP, respectively, the brand replaced the A14 5G’s 2MP depth sensor with a 5MP ultrawide lens. A 13MP lens is housed within the aforementioned notch for selfies.
Moving on, the smartphone is backed by a 5000mAh battery with 15W charging support. For biometrics, there is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. The phone also has a 3.5mm headphone jack and the device weighs 201 gm.
Samsung Galaxy A14 4G Specifications:
- Dimensions: 167.7 x 78 x 9.1mm, 201 grams
- Display: 6.6-inch Infinity-V LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- Resolution: FHD+ (2408×1080 pixels)
- SoC: MediaTek Helio G80 (12nm)
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB storage (expandable up to 1TB)
- OS: Android 13 with OneUI 5.0
- Rear Camera: Triple;
– 50MP primary
– 5MP ultra-wide
– 2MP macro sensor
- Front Camera: 13MP
- Biometrics: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 5000mAh, 15W charging
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
Samsung Galaxy A14 4G Launch and Availability
The Galaxy A14 4G was recently released in the Malaysian market. However, the price is yet to be confirmed. Most likely, the device will make its debut in the global market in the coming days. We will update the story as and when the details are made official.
- Meanwhile, check out our hands-on review of the Samsung Galaxy A14 5G.