Samsung unveiled its latest Galaxy Book series of Ultrabooks and 2-in-1s during the latest unpacked event. The new lineup mostly consists of laptops designed for normal day-to-day usage, with one exception. Here, the Galaxy Book Odyssey promises additional speed and performance for those who seek it. It also marks the debut of RTX 3050, 3050 Ti GPUs. Let’s take a look at the complete specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Samsung Galaxy Book Odyssey in Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy Book Odyssey Overview:
This gaming laptop comes in a full-metal body with a Mystic Black finish on top. It measures 356.6 x 229.1 x 17.7mm and weighs around 1.85kg. The display here is a 15.6-inch LCD panel with an FHD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Under the hood, the laptop packs 11th gen Intel Tiger Lake-H processors. Users can choose between Core i5 and Core i7 variants. However, Samsung has not mentioned the specific SKUs of the CPUs.
Like I mentioned earlier, you get NVIDIA’s new GeForce RTX 30 series mobile GPU. To be more specific, it is powered by either RTX 3050 or RTX 3050 Ti. This is the first time that these GPUs have landed on an official product and we are yet to know their nitty-gritty details. Hopefully, we will hear about them from NVIDIA soon.
Talking about memory, the base variant comes with 8GB of RAM. Samsung is also offering the laptop with 16GB and 32GB of RAM. Similarly, Galaxy Book Odyssey can be configured with up to 1TB of NVMe SSD.
Fueling the setup is an 83Wh battery that supports 135W USB Type-C charging. Getting into I/O, you get two USB-C, three USB 3.2 Type-A, one HDMI, one ethernet, one combined audio jack, a security slot, and a microSD card slot. Other features include Dolby Atmos sound, a fingerprint scanner on the power button, an HD webcam, and Pro Keyboard.
- Design& Build: All-metal body, 356.6 x 229.1 x 17.7mm, 1.85kg
- Color Option: Mystic Black
- Display: 15.6-inch TFT LCD
- Resolution: FHD (1920×1080) resolution
- Processor: 11th gen Intel Core Processors (i5/i7)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 / RTX 3050 Ti
- RAM: 8/16/32GB DDR4
- Storage: Up to 1TB NVMe SSD
- Battery: 83 Watt-hours
- Power Supply: 135W USB Type-C charger
- Connectivity: WiFi 6 (Gig+) 802.11 ax (2×2), Bluetooth 5.1, Gigabit Ethernet
- I / O Ports: 3x USB 3.2 Type-A, 1x Micro SD reader, 1x USB Type-C, 1x mic/headphone combo jack. 1x Security clot, 1x RJ45, 1x HDMI
- Extras: Fingerprint scanner (Power Key), Dolby Atmos, 720p HD camera, Pro Keyboard
Samsung Galaxy Book Odyssey Price in Nepal
Samsung Galaxy Book Odyssey will be available in the US from August at a starting price of $1,399. We expect the price of the Samsung Galaxy Book Odyssey to start at NPR 175,000 if it launches in Nepal.
|Samsung Galaxy Book Model||Starting Price (US)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|Galaxy Book Odyssey||$1,399||NPR 175,000|
- Check out our review of the MSI Prestige 14 Evo (A11M).