Samsung has just concluded its latest Unpacked event launching a wide range of products, including the Galaxy Buds 2. Here, we will be looking at the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2, along with its specs, features, expected price, and availability in Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Overview:
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 is a successor to the original Galaxy Buds+ and Galaxy Buds Live. However, it is heavily based on the Galaxy Buds Pro that came earlier this year.
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 arrives in an all-white carrying case with a Samsung logo on the lid. If not for the glossy white finish, one can easily mistake it for the Buds Pro’s case. Inside, you get a matte interior that matches the color of earbuds. It also houses the “Tuned by AKG” branding.
Talking about the earbuds, they have an in-ear design with silicone tips that we are all familiar with. Each earbud weighs only 5 grams. Together with a 41.2g case, Galaxy Buds 2 makes up a really portable package.
Unfortunately, the Buds 2 only has an IPX2 rating. Thus, you should be careful not to expose it to dust, water, and other environmental factors.
Galaxy Buds 2 will support the newer Bluetooth 5.2 protocol over Bluetooth 5.0 on previous models. It connects to your smartphone using the Samsung Wearable app. The app lets you customize touch controls, play with different audio presets and modes.
Moving on, Galaxy Buds 2 gives continuity to a dual-driver setup with a dedicated woofer and a tweeter. The earbuds support audio codecs like SBC, AAC, and the proprietary Samsung Scalable Codec (SSC). Then there is a 3-mic system for Active Noise Cancellation and Ambient mode.
Battery and Charging
Samsung boasts a battery life of up to 7.5 hours with the 61mAh battery. This is with the ANC turned off. Turning off ANC reduces it to 5 hours. Similarly, taking into account the 472mAh battery of the charging case, the combined battery life becomes 29 hours and 20 hours with ANC turned off and on, respectively.
The charging case also supports wired fast charging. Just five minutes of fast charging will provide a combined playback duration of 60 minutes of playback. The case even supports Qi wireless charging.
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Specifications:
- Earbuds: 17 x 20.9 x 21.1mm; 5.0 grams
- Charging Case: 50.2 x 50.0 x 27.8mm; 41.2 grams
- Color options: Graphite, White, Olive, Lavender
- Chipset: BES2500ZP
- Sound driver: Dual-driver (11mm woofer + 6.5mm tweeter)
- Audio codecs: AAC, SBC, SSC
- Noise cancellation: Yes, 3-mic ANC with Ambient mode
- Connectivity: Bluetooth v5.2
- IP rating: Yes, IPX2 (earbuds only)
- Playback Time:
- Earbuds: Up to 5/7.5 hours (ANC on/off)
- With case: Up to 20/29 hours (ANC on/off)
- Talk Time:
- Earbuds: Up to 3.5 hours (ANC on/off)
- With case: Up to 13/14 hours (ANC on/off)
- Charging: Fast Wired Charging, Qi Wireless Charging
- Companion app: Samsung Wearable (Android | iOS)
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Price in Nepal and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 is priced at $149.99 and will go on sale starting August 27 . It will be launching in Nepal too. We expect the price of the Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 in Nepal to be NPR 18,000 when it launches here.
|TWS Earbuds||Price in the US||Price in Nepal [Expected]|
|Samsung Galaxy Buds 2||$149.99||NPR 18,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Galaxy Buds Pro.