Along with the release of the Z Fold 3, Samsung has also launched the new Galaxy Z Flip 3. This clamshell phone is an upgrade over the last year’s Z Flip 2. So, let’s walk through the specs, features, availability, and expected price of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 in Nepal.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Overview:
Design and Display
To begin with, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 features a 6.7-inch FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2x panel clocked at 120Hz and a secondary 1.9-inch screen for notifications and quick settings. The latter is a Super AMOLED panel with a 60Hz refresh rate and is 4x bigger than the last-gen Flip. You can easily customize it to add the widgets of your likes.
Moreover, the device is protected with a Gorilla Glass Victus protection on the front as well as on the back. However, the smaller screen on the front has Gorilla Glass DX protection. Just like the Fold 3, the Flip 3 also comes with Armour Aluminium frames. Likewise, as per Samsung, with the PET coating on the main screen, its hardness is increased by 36%, and the hinge can survive over 200,000 folds.
The Z Flip 3 is nothing less than the Fold 3 in terms of performance. It packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset paired with 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB of internal storage. In total, the device packs a 3300mAh battery split into two halves – the upper body containing 930mAh and the lower body with 2370mAh. Similarly, it comes pre-installed with OneUI 3.1 on top of Android 11.
Moving on to the cameras, it features two 12MP sensors – a primary f/1.8 lens with OIS and an ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture. In addition, the main screen houses a 10MP lens on a punch-hole cutout.
The rear cameras can shoot up to 4K videos @ up to 60fps. It also supports 960fps super slow-mo at HD resolution, 240fps slow-mo at 1080p, and 4K Hyperlapse videos.
Rest of the specs
Besides, the Z Flip 3 supports a 15W fast charger via a USB-C port, and also has 10W wireless charging. The device also gets an IP68 certification for water and dust resistance. Moreover, the connectivity option includes dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS, Nano-SIM, and eSIM.
For biometrics, it has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor embedded in the power button. On the audio side of things, it has a stereo speaker setup with Dolby Atmos support.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Specifications
- Weight: 183 gm
- Main: 6.7-inches Dynamic AMOLED 2x panel, 120Hz, Gorilla Glass Victus
- External: 1.9-inches Super AMOLED “Cover Display”, 60Hz, Gorilla Glass DX
- Main: FHD+ (2636 x 1080 pixels), 21.9:9 aspect ratio
- External: 300 x 112 pixels
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888; 5nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1x Cortex-X1 @ 2.84GHz, 3x Cortex-A78 @ 2.42GHz, 4x Cortex-A55 @ 1.80GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 256/512GB UFS 3.1 (non-expandable)
- Software & UI: Android 11 with One UI 3.1 on top
- Rear Camera: Dual-camera;
– 12MP, f/1.8 primary sensor; Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
– 12MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide lens
– Single LED flash
- Front Camera: 10MP, f/2.4 aperture; PDAF
- Fingerprint sensor: Side-mounted
- Connectivity: Nano-SIM, eSIM, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, NFC, GPS/AGPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3300 mAh battery with 15W fast charging; wireless & reverse-wireless charging
- Colors: Phantom Black, Cream, Green, Lavender
- Exclusive color: Gray, White, Pink
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 Price in Nepal and Availability
The Z Flip 3 is pricing starts at USD 999, bringing Samsung’s foldable below 1000-dollar marks. We expect the price of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 in Nepal to start at NPR 130,000 when it launches here shortly.
|Smartphone Model||Price in the US||Price in Nepal|
|Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3||USD 999||NPR 130,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2.