Samsung has finally lifted the curtains off of the latest iteration of its foldable smartphone — the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3. It brings an update over the design and fragility and is the first smartphone from Samsung to boast an under-display camera. So, let’s get into the specs, features, availability, and expected price of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 in Nepal.
Samsung Z Fold 3 Overview:
Design and Display
The Z Fold 3 flaunts a 6.2-inch Dynamic AMOLED 2X outer screen with HD+ (2260 × 832 pixels) resolution and a 7.6-inches QXGA+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X main display with FHD+ (2208 × 1768 pixels) resolution. Further, the main screen is also HDR10+ certified. Fortunately, the Fold 3’s screen has a 120Hz refresh rate on both sides.
Retaining the Adaptive refresh rate, the main display, as well as the cover display, can dynamically adjust the refresh rate based on the content playing on the screen. For protection, the exterior screen and back cover are covered with a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus.
In terms of design, the rear panel gets a new look with the pill-shaped camera arrangement. The hinge is built with Armor Aluminum that is 10% more durable to protect the interior parts of the hinge. Plus, this time around, the Fold receives an official IPX8 certification for water resistance — the first time ever on a foldable device. All of this sums up to make Fold 3 80% more durable than Fold 2.
Performance and Memory
Under the hood, the Fold 3 packs a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset paired with 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage. On the software side of things, it boots on Android 11-based OneUI 3.1. Fueling the device is a 4400mAh battery that charges with a 25W adapter via the USB Type-C port. It also supports 10W wireless charging and 4.5W reverse wireless charging.
The Z Fold 3 is Samsung’s first phone to house an under-display camera. There’s a 4MP lens placed on the top-right corner of the main display.
Likewise, the device boasts a triple camera on the rear cutout led by a 12MP primary lens. This is complemented by a 12MP ultra-wide and a 12MP telephoto lens, both of which have OIS support. In addition, a punch-hole in the cover display holds a 10MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture.
Rest of the specs
Moving on, it has a side-mounted capacitive fingerprint sensor for biometrics. It also supports an S-pen specifically designed for the fold. The pen weighs 8 grams and has a 15mm tip.
The connectivity option includes Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, Galileo, and NFC. Over on the audio, it has a stereo speaker setup with Dolby Atmos. The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 is available in three color configurations – Phantom Black, Phantom Green, and Phantom Silver.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 Specifications:
- Outer: 6.2″ Super AMOLED 2X with HD+ (2260 x 832 pixels) resolution; 120Hz refresh rate
- Inner: 7.6″ Dynamic AMOLED 2X with FHD+ (2208 x 1768 pixels resolution); 120Hz refresh rate
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 888; 5nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1x Cortex-X1 @ 2.84GHz, 3x Cortex-A78 @ 2.42GHz, 4x Cortex-A55 @ 1.80GHz)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Main Camera: Triple-camera; 12MP primary with f/2.2 aperture + 12MP ultra-wide lens with f/1.8 aperture + 12MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture
- Selfie Camera:
- Outer: 10MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Inner: 4MP under-display lens
- Memory: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256/512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Fingerprint sensor: Side Mounted (capacitive)
- Battery: 4400 mAh battery, 25W wired charging, 10W wireless, 4.5W wireless charging
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / ax, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Galileo, Glonass, BeiDou, NFC, 5G
- Colors: Phantom Black, Phantom Green, Phantom Silver
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 Price in Nepal and Availability
The Fold 3 retails pricing starts at $1799.99 in the US. We expect the price of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 to start around NPR 230,000, if and when it launches in Nepal shortly.
|Smartphone Model||Price in the US||Price in Nepal|
|Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3||USD 1799.99||NPR 230,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2.