After years of smartphone production for other OEMs, TCL has managed to make a name for itself in the industry for its own brand of smartphones with the 10 series from last year. And now, the company has added a trio of new devices to the existing TCL 20 series—the 20 Pro, 20L Plus (20S), and 20L. So, let’s break down all there is to know about these phones.
TCL 20 series Overview:
TCL 20 Pro 5G
Here, the TCL 20 Pro 5G the most feature-packed among the new releases. It has a 6.67-inch curved AMOLED display with a resolution of 2400×1080 and HDR10 playback support. TCL’s “NXTVISION” display features such as improved color quality, more realistic color, and AI tools that analyze the display’s surroundings are found here too. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 750G chipset combined with 6GB RAM and 256GB storage.
In terms of cameras, the TCL 20 Pro 5G features a 48MP Sony IMX582 main camera, a 16MP ultrawide lens, a 5MP macro lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. On the front, a 32MP selfie shooter is housed in a punch-hole cutout. Moving on, the handset gets its juice from a 4,500mAh battery that will keep it going all day.
TCL 20 Pro 5G Specifications:
- Body: 164.2 x 77.3 x 8.8 mm, 190 gm
- Display: 6.67 inches NXTVISION 2.0, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm)
- Memory: 6GB RAM, 256GB internal storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: Android 11 with TCL UI
- Rear Camera: Quad–camera;
– 48MP f/1.79 Sony IMX582 sensor
– 16MP f/2.4 ultrawide lens, 123° FOV
– 5MP f/2.2 macro camera, Fixed Focus
– 2MP f/2.4 depth camera
- Front Camera: 32MP f/2.45 (punch-hole cutout)
- Audio: Loudspeaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Optical in-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Battery: 4500mAh with 18W fast charging
- Color options: Moondust Gray, Marine Blue
TCL 20L Plus (20S)
Contrary to the 20 Pro 5G, the TCL 20 Plus (also known as TCL 20S) is a relatively cheaper phone and isn’t 5G-ready either. Aside from that, the TCL 20L Plus has a 6.67-inch AMOLED display with a ” TÜV Circular Polarization Certification” and Low Blue Light certification. TCL says that the colors on this circularly polarized screen can appear natural even while wearing glasses.
The device is powered by a Snapdragon 662 chipset found in phones like the POCO M3. It is available in only one memory configuration: 6GB RAM and 256GB storage. TCL 20 Plus has a big 5000mAh battery that supports 18W fast charging. A 64MP led quad-camera setup is located at the back of the device. In addition, you get a 16MP selfie camera for taking selfies.
There is a possibility that a modified version of this phone will be released in the United States later this year. The phone is called TCL 20S and will have a different chipset than the Snapdragon 662. However, the company hasn’t specified which SoC will be used on the 20S.
Finally, the TCL 20L is a budget addition to the TCL 20 series of smartphones. It bears a lot of similarities with the 20L Plus but the company has introduced minor storage adjustments and changes in camera configurations. It has the same screen with polarized technology, the same battery, and the same Snapdragon 662 chipset.
The main distinction lies in the memory configurations. It comes with two memory options: either 4/6GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 128GB of UFS storage. Moreover, it brings a 48MP primary camera contrary to a 64MP sensor on the TCL 20L Plus.
TCL 20L Plus, 20L Specifications:
- Body: 166.2 x 76.9 x 9.1 mm, 199 gm
- Display: 6.67 inches, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11 nm)
- Memory: 6/256GB (20L Plus), 4/128GB & 6/128GB (20L)
- Software & UI: Android 11 with TCL UI
- Rear Camera: Quad-camera;
- TCL 20L Plus – 64MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 2MP macro, 2MP depth
- TCL 20L – 48MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 2MP macro, 2MP depth
- Front Camera: 16MP f/2.2 (punch-hole cutout)
- Audio: Loud Speaker, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Fingerprint scanner (side-mounted)
- Color options:
- TCL 20L Plus – Milky Way Gray, North Star Blue
- TCL 20L – Eclipse Black, Luna Blue
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging (Type-C)
TCL 20 Pro 5G, 20L Plus, 20L Price & Availability
All three of these new phones are now in the UK, Italy, and Portugal starting today, with a global launch in the coming weeks. The price of TCL 20 Pro, 20L Plus, and 20L start at EUR 549, EUR 269, and EUR 229, respectively.
|TCL smartphones||Price in Europe (Starting)|
|TCL 20 Pro 5G||EUR 549|
|TCL 20L Plus||EUR 269|
|TCL 20L||EUR 229|
- Watch: Galaxy A52 vs Redmi Note 10 Pro Max