Xiaomi is set to launch yet another premium mid-range smartphone in Nepal. The company has teased the arrival of Xiaomi 12 Lite, which made its global debut last month. Let’s get into the specs, features, expected price, and availability of the Xiaomi 12 Lite in Nepal.
Xiaomi 12 Lite Overview:
Design and Display
As far as the design is concerned, Xiaomi has gone a different route with the 12 Lite. Unlike the curved body of the rest of the 12 series smartphones, the Lite model features flat edges — more in line with the Redmi Note 11 series. The rectangular camera module on the back is still the same, though.
Furthermore, users can choose between three color options: Black, Lite Green, and Lite Pink. There is no mention of an official IP rating.
Over on the front, you get a 6.55” FHD+ AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate. Likewise, the screen’s touch sampling rate is 240Hz. It’s an 12-bit panel which means it is capable of producing around 64 billion colors.
Xiaomi 12 Lite supports HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, and the screen can get as bright as 950 nits when viewing HDR content. Other notable features of the Xiaomi 12 Lite include Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 1920Hz PWM dimming and TrueColor technology.
Under the hood, Xiaomi 12 Lite packs Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 778G chipset. The chip was announced last year, but is still popular in the premium mid-range segment. It is based on a 6nm process and brings two Cortex-A78 performance cores (@2.4GHz) and six Cortex-A55 efficiency cores (@1.8GHz).
Xiaomi has paired the chip with LPDDR4X RAM and UFS 2.2 internal storage. The base variant of the Xiaomi 12 Lite comes with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage, whereas the high-end model brings 8GB of RAM and double the storage.
Xiaomi 12 Lite flaunts a triple camera setup at the back, headlined by Samsung’s 108MP HM2 sensor. Accompanying it is an 8MP ultrawide shooter. Then there is a 2MP sensor for macro photography. Over on the front, the center-aligned punch-hole is home to a 32MP Samsung ISOCELL G82 sensor.
Even the selfie camera on the Xiaomi 12 Lite has Autofocus, and it supports multiple modes like Selfie Portrait, Auto HDR, Eye Tracking and Selfie zoom. Xiaomi has even fitted two LEDs at the front that you can use to take selfies under low-lit conditions.
Rest of the Specs
All this is fueled by a 4,300mAh battery which supports Xiaomi’s 67W turbo charging. With the charger included in the box, the company claims it can go from 0 to 100% in just 41 minutes. Moreover, Xiaomi 12 Lite supports the in-house AdaptiveCharge technology that slows down the charging at night after 80% to protect the battery.
Xiaomi 12 Lite boots on Android 12-based MIUI 13 out of the box. It has a stereo speaker setup with support for Dolby Atmos. There is an in-display optical fingerprint scanner for biometrics. Talking about connectivity, the phone has 5G, Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2. There is NFC too. However, it is limited to certain regions only.
Xiaomi 12 Lite Specifications:
- Body: 73.7 x 159.3 x 7.29mm, 173 gm
- Display: 6.55-inches AMOLED DotDisplay, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 12-bit color depth
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 402 PPI, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Other Properties: 68 billion colors, 1920Hz PVM Dimming, True Color Technology, 950 nits peak brightness
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6nm mobile platform)
- Memory: 6/8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 128/256GB UFS 2.2 storage (fixed)
- Software & UI: Android 12 with Xiaomi’s MIUI 13 on top
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 108MP, f/1.88 Samsung ISOCELL HM2
– 8MP, f/2.2 ultrawide sensor, 120° FoV
– 2MP, f/2.4 macro sensor
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/2.45 sensor (hole-punch cutout)
- Audio: Dual stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos Audio
- Security: In-display fingerprint sensor (optical), Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient light, E-compass, Gyro, Proximity, IR blaster
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 6 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS / AGPS / Beidou / Galileo, USB Type-C, 4G LTE (VoLTE), 5G
- Battery: 4500mAh with 67W wired charging (67W power adapter provided)
- Color Options: Black, Lite Green, Lite Pink
Xiaomi 12 Lite Launch and Price in Nepal (Expected)
The price of the Xiaomi 12 Lite in the global market starts at USD 400 and goes up to 500 depending upon the memory variations. Thus, we expect the price of Xiaomi 12 Lite in Nepal to start at around NPR 53,500 in Nepal.
|Xiaomi 12 Lite||Official Price (Global)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|6/128GB||USD 400||NPR 53,500|
|8/128GB||USD 450||NPR 59,500|
|8/256GB||USD 500||NPR 66,500|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Xiaomi 12X.