A rapidly growing car market can only mean one thing – a vastly growing car market for the used cars. Buying an old car or second-hand car makes a lot of sense even if it isn’t as purchasing a new car. One should be patient while searching for pre-owned vehicles.
Benefits of Buying A Used Car:
• Lower price tag
• Less descriptive
• Can be bought by ordinary people
• Students can afford if they get the same car for half the price so it helps college going students a lot
• No hassle of sales tax
• Small registration fees
• A huge amount of dealers and their crazy deals
• Car condition is almost pristine
What Procedure Should You Do Before Buying A Used Car?
Step – 1: Homework:
• Which car is it? –
After deciding the brand along with the model and your desired price range, you should look for reputed dealers. However, with the growing car market, almost all cars will come under your budget if you are looking for a family car.
• Which model should you buy? –
A slight research will give you a broad range of models from which you can select the vehicle according to your need as well as your family.
• Which source? –
The internet, brokers, car dealers, used car dealers, newspaper advertisements and people referral can show you what’s the best choice you can get from the researched vehicles.
• Which finance? –
Money is a big factor but still there are many financing companies offer loans for used cars and the chances of getting an approved loan are almost same as of the new cars.
Step – 2: Things to Keep In Mind:
• The car history
• The warranties
• Never buy a modified car
• Avoid certain discontinued models
• Highly used cars
• Repainted vehicles
Step – 3: Checking Out the Cars:
• Take an expert friend or a mechanic
• Check the car during day time
• Cold start
• Odometer tampering
• Verify engine size and number
• Confirm the date of manufacturing
• Comprehensive test drive
• Don’t judge the car by its outlook
Step – 4 After Checking Out the Car:
• Owner’s information
• Duplicate keys
• Delivery note and transfer papers
• Complete service
• No pressure
If you’re taking a gamble of buying a second-hand car, you should do it right. A new car indeed smells awesome but the fact is that smell costs huge amount money by ignoring the sales price tag and other considering facts. From our point of view, you should spend a little more time on your used cars research and thank yourself afterward for buying a slightly used car.