Acer refreshed the popular Predator Helio 300 gaming series with Intel’s 12th Gen gaming CPU earlier this year. Although a bit late, it is finally available in the Nepali market. So, in this article, we will discuss the specs, features, latest price, and availability of the Acer Predator Helios 300 (2022) in Nepal.
Acer Predator Helios 300 (2022) Review:
Performance and Memory
The most significant change in this year’s Acer Predator lies on the inside. It packs the latest 12th Gen Intel H-series gaming processor. The one being discussed here has the Core i7-12700H, a tetradeca-core processor with 6 performance and 8 efficiency cores. This is paired with NVIDIA’s RTX 3060 GPU with 6GB of GDDR6. There are two variants of this laptop, one has a 130W TGP, and the other’s TGP is higher at 140W.
With the new 12th Gen processor onboard, Acer Predator Helios 300 (2022) now supports the latest DDR5 memory. You get two SO-DIMM with up 16GB of DDR4 RAM out of the box. However, users can later upgrade it to up to 32GB. For storage, you get two M.2 SSD slots arranged in a RAID 0 configuration.
To help cool the laptop during an extended period, Acer has used two 5th Gen AeroBlade 3D fans, each with 89 blades. It is further backed by liquid metal thermal grease and the in-house CoolBoost solution.
Over on the outside, Acer has made some minor changes to the 2022 edition of the Predator Helios 300. The biggest of all is the hinge. Now, the display sits on two distinct pedestals, differentiating from the keyboard deck below. Furthermore, the top lid does retain the Predator logo, but the two curved lines next to it are gone. As a result, the latest Helios 300 has a more formal look than its predecessor.
As with previous years, Acer offers the Predator Helios 300 (2022) in 15.6” and 17” versions. This article will stick to the former since it’s the only one that is currently available in Nepal. It is an FHD panel with 165Hz refresh rate and 3ms response rate. There is even a QHD model with the same specs, but like the 17” version, it is yet to launch in Nepal.
Battery and Connectivity
Fueling the new Acer Predator Helios 300 (2022) is a 90WHr battery, and it ships with a 230W adapter. There are 4 USB ports on the gaming laptop, one of which is Type-C with Thunderbolt 4 support. In addition, Asus has included an HDMI 2.1, Mini-DisplayPort 1.4, and a 3.5mm combined audio jack.
Acer Predator Helios 300 (2022) Specifications:
- Design & Build: Plastic/metal hybrid build quality, 359.4W x 276.4D x 25.55H-inches, 2.5 kg
- Color Options: Abyssal Black
- Display: 15.6″ anti-glare IPS panel, 165Hz refresh rate, 100% DCI-P3, 300 nits brightness, 3ms overdrive
- Resolution: QHD (2560×1440) / FHD (1920 x 1080) resolution, 16:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Intel Core i7-11800H CPU (Tiger Lake), 8C/16T, 4.6GHz Max Turbo Frequency, 24MB L3 Cache, 10nm process, 45W TDP
- RAM: Up to 32GB DDR5 (2x SO-DIMM slots total)
- Storage: up to 2TB of PCIe Gen 4 SSD (2x M.2 SSD slot in RAID 0)
- Graphics: up to NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080
- Audio: Dual speakers, DTS:X Ultra audio
- Battery: 54/90 Watt-hours Li-ion battery
- Power Supply: 280W Smart AC power adapter
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11ax 6E, Bluetooth 5.2
- I/O Ports: 2x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C (Thunderbolt 4, DisplayPort, Power Delivery), 1x HDMI 2.1, 1x Mini DisplayPort 1.4, 1x 3.5mm headphone jack, 1x RJ45 (LAN)
Acer Predator Helios 300 (2022) Price in Nepal and Availability
The price of the Acer Predator Helios 300 (2022) in Nepal is Rs. 210,000 for the Core i7-12700H + RTX 3060 combination with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD. You can buy the latest Helio 300 gaming laptop from Hukut and other computer stores in Nepal.
|Acer Predator Helios 300 (2022)||Price in Nepal||Availability|
|15.6” FHD 165Hz, Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD||Rs. 210,000||Pull up|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Acer Aspire 5 (2022).