Poco launched the M5 yesterday in India, but the company also released Poco M5s for the global market. This is yet another mid-range smartphone powered by an Helio G95 processor. So, let’s take a look at the Poco M5s specs, features, availability, and expected price in Nepal.
Poco M5s Overview:
Unlike the M5, which has a leather-textured back, the Poco M5s has a plain back panel. Its camera module is also visually similar to the Redmi Note 10 series. It’s because it is a rebranded Redmi Note 10S. As a result, the feature set is quite similar here.
The display is a 6.43-inch AMOLED panel with Full HD+ resolution. It is protected by Gorilla Glass 3 and has a peak brightness of 1100 nits. You also get Widevine L1 certification to watch Netflix content. Unfortunately, there is no higher refresh rate available here. Similarly, a fingerprint scanner for biometrics is located on the phone’s side.
Inside, it is powered by the MediaTek Helio G96 chip, which comes with up to 6GB of RAM and up to 128GB of storage. The device is powered by a 5,000mAh battery that supports 33W fast charging. On the software front, it runs the most recent Android 12-based MIUI 13.
In terms of cameras, the 64MP primary sensor is paired with an 8MP ultrawide and a couple of 2MP macro and depth sensors. This setup can record at up to [email protected] resolution. Similarly, there is a 13MP selfie camera on the front.
Rest of the specs
Aside from that, the Poco M5s offer IP53 dust and water resistance rating. Similarly, stereo speakers handle audio, and there is also a 3.5mm headphone jack. WiFi 5 (802.11 ac), Bluetooth 5.0, and a Type-C port are available as connectivity options.
Poco M5s Specifications:
- Body: 160.5 x 74.5 x 8.3 mm, 178.8 gm, IP53 dust/water resistant
- Display: 6.43-inch AMOLED panel, 1100 nits (peak), 60Hz refresh rate
- Resolution: FHD+ (2400 x 1080 pixels), 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G96 (12 nm)
- Memory: 4/6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64/128GB UFS 2.2 storage (expandable)
- Software & UI: MIUI 13 on top of Android 12
- Rear Camera: Quad (64MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 2MP depth, 2MP macro)
- Front Camera: 13MP f/2.45 lens (punch-hole)
- Audio: 3.5mm headphone jack, Stereo speaker
- Security: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS / Glonass / Beidou, USB Type-C, 4G LTE
- Sensors: Ambient Light, Proximity, E-compass, Accelerometer, Gyro, IR Blaster
- Battery: 5000mAh with 33W charging (33W charger inside the box)
- Color Options: Onyx Gray, Pebble White, Ocean Blue
Poco M5s Price in Nepal and Availability
The M5s start at EUR 209 for the base 4/64GB model. The 4/128GB and 6/128GB models are priced at EUR 229 and EUR 249, respectively. If and when the Poco M5s will be released in Nepal, we expect the price to start at NPR 28,000.
|little m5s||Price (Official)||Price in Nepal (Expected)|
|4/64GB||EUR 209||NPR 28,000|
|4/128GB||EUR 229||NPR 30,000|
|6/128GB||EUR 249||NPR 32,000|
- Meanwhile, check out our review of the Redmi K50i.