These are the 53 new programs brought by the Telecommunication Authority this year
These are the 53 new programs brought by the Telecommunication Authority this year
Nepal Telecommunication Authority has decided a new program for the fiscal year 2078/79. Some of the programs he has made for the current fiscal year have been continued since last year and some new programs have been added.
NEA chairperson Purushottam Khanal said that the programs that were not completed last year due to the corona crisis have been continued. However, NEA has added 53 new programs this year as well. These are the 53 new programs brought by NEA this year.
1. A program has been brought to provide broadband service in the villages, educational institutions and health institutions under Lalitpur district which have not received service within the valley. Rs. 40 million has been allocated for this. Broadband service will be available in rural villages, ward offices, educational institutions, health institutions etc. in Lalitpur district.
2 Plans have been put forward to expand access to telecommunication services in rural areas of the country, study and research for quality service, survey, impact assessment, monitoring and other works. Rs. 8 million has been allocated for this.
NEA plans to set up Nepal’s own satellite. Rs. 500 million has been allocated for this.
4 Rs. 700 million has been allocated for the provision of free broadband internet service for 2 years in all the community campuses and community basic schools except the 8 districts and Kathmandu Valley which were severely affected by the earthquake.
5. To increase the capacity of the 8 districts most affected by the earthquake, namely Kavrapalanchok, Sindhupalchowk, Rasuwa, Nuwakot, Dolakha, Sindhuli, Ramechhap and Okhaldhunga in the places specified by the broadband internet service. Rs. 330 million has been allocated for this.
6. There is a program to expand access to telecommunication services by constructing microwave towers through service providers in places where telecommunication services are not available. Rs. 100 million has been allocated for this. This will expand access to mobile services.
7. To organize discussion and interaction among the stakeholders regarding telecommunication and information technology. Rs. 5 million has been allocated for this.
8. To implement the project to manage the unorganized cables and wires in the urban areas. Rs. 40 million has been allocated for this. It will manage optical fiber and wires.
9. Issuance of GPS tracking service license. One lakh rupees has been allocated for this. This will provide additional services to the service recipients and will also increase the revenue of the Government of Nepal.
10. There is a study program to select network service providers for the construction of broadband infrastructure in all the seven states. Rs. 2 million has been allocated for this. This will ensure double investment and construction of telecommunication infrastructure in every state.
11. To study to identify the potential of Bhasa services in Nepal. Rs 2 million has been allocated for this. This will identify different language services.
12. Licenses and directives of various services will be modified from time to time. Rs 200,000 has been allocated for this.
13. To manage hardware prov / software to regulate the quality of fixed broadband internet service. Rs 1.5 million has been allocated for this. This will help measure the QoS of the Internet.
14. To purchase a batchmarking solution system to measure the quality of mobile services. Rs. 80 million has been allocated for this. This will help in comparative study of the quality of mobile service providers.
15. A comparative measure of the quality of mobile services and fixed broadband internet in the main locations of the seven states has been sold and marked to check whether it is in accordance with the prescribed criteria and Rs.
16. To develop software system to manage the quality of mobile and broadband internet service. Rs 1.5 million has been allocated for this.
17. Rs. 1.5 million has been allocated for the preparation of investment management policy and legal framework.
18. To conduct research on various new technologies and services of telecommunications. Rs 2.5 million has been allocated for this.
19. To prepare regular framework regarding the billing standard of telecommunication services. 2 million has been allocated for this.
20. Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) will be prepared for measurement of EMR level emitted from BTS. A budget of Rs. 2 million has been allocated for this.
21. To prepare action plan related to Telecommunication for Disaster Relief and Early Warning. Rs 2 million has been allocated for this.
22. Requirement and analysis of telecommunication / ICT standards for accessibility to people with disabilities and specific needs and also provide ICT assistance to the concerned bodies. Rs 8 million has been allocated for this.
23. 300 million has been allocated for the establishment of Submarine Landing Station. This will help in importing internet bandwidth at affordable rates.
24. To purchase billing audit and billing monitoring services from a consultant to conduct billing audit of mobile service providers. 5 million has been allocated for this.
25. Online (Child, Women, Senior Citizen, Differently Abled etc….) Need Analysis to develop Abuse Complaints Syste. 1.8 million has been allocated for this.
26. To prepare DPR by conducting Need Assessment regarding establishment of Cyber Security System of International Internet Gateway and Domestic / National Networks. Rs. 25 million has been allocated for this.
27. International Internet Gateway and Domestic / National Networks will be established for cyber security. 100 million has been allocated for this.
28. To monitor whether the WiFi hotspot operation has not been done as per the regulations. 3.5 million has been allocated for this.
29. To purchase SIEM (Security Information and Event Management) and SOAR (security orchestration, automation and response) solutions for the Telecom-CERT (Task-Force) related work of the Authority. One crore has been allocated for this.
30. To procure necessary consultancy services for the work of service providers including complaint monitoring related to cyber security. Rs 1.8 million has been allocated for this.
31. Prepare National Cyber Security Road Map. Rs 2 million has been allocated for this.
32. To study the establishment of NTA-CERT, DPR will be prepared including the necessary infrastructures. Rs 5 million has been allocated for this.
33. To do homework on choosing a new service provider by increasing the frequency through auction. One million rupees has been allocated for this.
34. To study the condition of the services currently operating in Sea-Wand and prepare an action plan to use the band in mobile service and satellite service. Rs 1 has been allocated for this.
35. To prepare the working method by studying the international practices to make the microwave frequency planning systematic.
36. To study the work to be done by the authority for the promotion of cellular and non-cellular IOT / M2M.
37. To study the work to be done to promote the use of FiveG telecommunication services in other areas. 5 million has been allocated for this.
38. To make criteria regarding Transmit Power, Minimum Received Power of mobile telecommunication service in different frequencies.
39. To study the impact of WiFi Mobility on ISM Band on the overall telecommunications sector.
40. Contract annual maintenance of GBTIMIS.
41. To update the Interconnection Guideline including the provision of IP Based Interconnection.
42. To prepare working procedure regarding Technical Standards and Security Aspects of Digital Financial Services (DFS).
43. To prepare National Numbering Allocation Plan.
44. To prepare necessary regulations and procedures related to the implementation of Mobile Number Portability (MNP).
45. To prepare the Organizational IT Policy, Security Policy of the Authority.
46. To conduct mobile and computer maintenance training in 3 places in coordination with CTEVT. Rs 9 million has been allocated for this.
47. To conduct public awareness program related to cyber security.
48. NEA has put forward a plan to establish information technology service center at the local level. I have allocated Rs. 1.10 billion for this.
49. To do Security Assessment of various Information Systems (Application, Database) of the Authority.
50. To redesign the interactive website of the authority based on the database.
51. At the same time, to provide education and training to the senior citizens in the state about the prevalent and essential telecommunication and ICT technology related equipment and technology. Rs. 7 million has been allocated for this.
52. To provide necessary assistance for the implementation of Digital Nepal Framework. Rs. 50 million has been allocated for this.
५३. Digital KYC (Know your customer) system To implement 4 million has been allocated for this.