Are you planning to build your own website and yet you don’t have enough technical knowledge and don’t have enough budget to hire someone to build it for you? Worry no more because building a website is not really difficult as it sounds and it cost only a few bucks. With WordPress, it is now possible for ordinary people to create their own website easily.
What is WordPress?
WordPress was launched in 2003 as a blogging platform, but it has evolve as a legitimate CMS (content management system) in fact it has numerous awards already, in 2007 WordPress won a Packt Open Source CMS Award, in 2009 WordPress won the best Open Source CMS Award. And in 2010 WordPress has won the Hall of Fame CMS category in the 2010 Open Source Awards. More than 10% of the top 1 million websites uses WordPress already. Perhaps its growth is phenomenal because it is really easy to use.
Here Are the Five Easy Steps in building your own WordPress website starting from scratch:
1. Choose a Domain Name – A domain name is the address that you type in your browser that ends with a.com,.net,.org and etc. You can register in an accredited domain registrar which is accredited by Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers or ICANN. There are hundreds of registrars out there, and the price of each domain is usually lower than $15 per year.
2. Host your Domain – A server that rents you a space so that your site will be visible on the internet. This would cost about less than $10 per month for a shared hosting account which is already reliable.
3. Installing WordPress Software To your Web Host – You can install or upload WordPress software using an ftp client like Filezilla or some hosting companies provide one install click to make it easier.
4. Making a static page – It is important to make a static page so that your site does not look like a blog. You can make a static page easily in your WordPress dashboard.
5. Selecting A Theme – There are thousands of free themes that you can choose, themes are extremely important because the appearance of your site depends on it. There are also premium themes available that are quit expensive but free themes are good enough.
The bottom line here is that WordPress is really a great software to start-up your new website.[ad_2]