Sita Air Crash Investigation
At first I would like to express my heartfelt condolence to the people
who lost their lives in the Sita Air’s Dornier (9NAHA615) crashed and
flamed on the bank of Manohara River on 28th September, 2012 (Friday).
Total 19 passengers (Nepalese, British and Chinese) of Sita were dead
today. Nepali passengers: Mrs MK Tamang, Mr LN Sherpa, Mr D Rai and Mr
Kumar Moktan (Nepal Army soldier), British passengers: Mr R Eagle, Mr
C Davey, Mr V Kelly, Mr D Kelly, Mr T Oakes, Mr S Holdings, Mr B Ogden
and Chinese passengers: Mr Mingwu Qian, M Lin WU, Ms Zhihua Yang , Ms
Chen Yang and Mr Hui Wu were identified to be dead. CAAN in a
statement said, “The plane had taken off at 6:11 and crashed at around
“Sita Air’s Dornier 9NAHA615 Crashed Investigations”
1. REASON OR CAUSE OF AIR CRASH
– At the time of take-off Sita Air’s Dornior was hit by a vulture.
2. WHERE WAS THE PLANE CRASHED?
– At the bank of Manahora Khola (river), Kathmandu.
3. AT WHAT TIME THE PLANE CRASHED?
– The plane crashed at 06:30 am. The take-off done at 06:11 am.
4. A brief on Injuries/Dead/Safe/Nature/Others
– Total 19 passengers of Sita Air’s dead and burned on the flames. A
bit difficut to identify the passengers but were able to publish a
5. DEAD PASSENGERS NAME LIST
a. Mrs MK Tamang (Nepali),
b. Mr LN Sherpa (Nepali),
c. Mr D Rai (Nepali),
d. Mr Kumar Moktan (Nepali Army Soldier),
e. Mr R Eagle (British),
f. Mr C Davey (British),
g. Mr V Kelly (British),
h. Mr D Kelly (British),
i. Mr T Oakes (British),
j. Mr S Holdings (British),
k. Mr B Ogden (British),
l. Mr Mingwu Qian (Chinese),
m. M Lin WU (Chinese),
n. Ms Zhihua Yang (Chinese),
o. Ms Chen Yang (Chinese),
p. Mr Hui Wu (Chinese).
This was a short air crash investigation report prepared based on
offical statements, press release, TIA authorities and others.