What Nepalese do in New Year? | Happy New Year 2075 BS
The first day of ‘Baisakh‘ is known as the ‘New Year in Nepal’ according to the official Nepali calendar. The ‘New Year’ is known as “Naya Barsa” in the Nepali language. Baisakh 1st is known as the Naya Barsa according to Nepalese Patro, Nepali name for the calendar. The Nepali calendar follows the Bikram Sambat abbreviated as BS just like the counterpart of AD. A country who follows A.D. celebrates a happy new year on Jan 1, and countries following B.S celebrating Baisakh 1 as the new year.
Now let’s talk about “Happy New Year 2075 BS“.
What is done in Nepali New Year?
Here is a list of general things Nepalese during New Year or first of the Baisakh.
- Share greetings with each other.
- Pay a visit to families and friends.
- Organization of picnic.
- Worshipping the God, visiting the Temples and Stupas.
- Enjoying the day eating varieties of traditional food items (similar like partying in traditional style).
- Staying Happy and making a resolution to make each human life happier throughout his/her life.
- Enjoying the holiday.
- Correcting the negativities being carried over last year with the new year spirit to improve the social, economical and cultural development.
- Wishing the above (above point) to others.
- Sharing New Year Wishes and Greeting on various social medias, share photos, and the modern trends.
अब केही दिनदेखि नयाँ वर्ष २०७५ सालको सुरुवात हुँदै छ।
Happy New Year 2075 and wish you this new year will bring lots of positive changes inside and outside you with the blessing of your God, family, and friends.