Photo from beyondsixfigures.org
So you’re new to the eCommerce world of business and you have no clue where to start. There are a plethora of online courses available and they all claim to guarantee success in an eCommerce business. Among these courses is that of Justin Woll and BeyondSixFigures, but does it live up to its word?
The course is meant to teach you how to build your eCommerce business completely from scratch and it supposedly gives you all the necessary tools to do it successfully. This seems like an amazing idea, but is it too good to be true?
In this review, we’ll cover who exactly Justin Woll is and what his eCommerce course offers. After reading, you’ll be able to decide if this is a good option for you.
Justin Woll is a real human being who is also the owner and teacher of the BeyondSixFigures course. Woll has had an entrepreneurial spirit for a long time before he developed the eCommerce course. Growing up, Woll was part of a lower-middle-class family and witnessed first-hand what financial struggle can look like.
Woll grew up in New Jersey and went to university at Rutgers for business, but dropped out with 12 credit hours left to complete and a heap of student loan debt. This misstep didn’t have any negative impact on his current success, though. Woll’s mentoring agency is currently the largest one-on-one eCommerce mentoring agency in the industry.
At one point during his childhood, Woll and his family lost everything they owned. However, throughout the years and through several different networking events, Justin was introduced to the world of eCommerce. As he grew more and more successful, Woll’s friends and acquaintances began asking him to teach them how he got to the point he was at.
During the first year of his eCommerce business, Woll was able to make $200,000 in online sales. This amazing feat landed him on the list of top entrepreneurs of 2018 for Entrepreneur Magazine. His eCommerce training program has helped Woll reach 20 million dollars in sales in just the last year.
Over the course of his career, Woll has been the recipient of the “Two Comma Club” award three times. Woll currently has a large social media following with 30,000 followers on Facebook and 200,000 followers on Instagram.
Justin Woll is a modern example of clawing your way from the bottom to the top and his story and spirit are an inspiration to many.
The full name of this course offered by Justin Woll is BeyondSixFigures eCommerce Profit University. The course gives you all of the necessary information to build your own eCommerce website from scratch. Other eCommerce courses give you this same information, so how is this course unique from others like it?
There are 16 different modules total along with bonus information that students work through as they complete the course. The courses come in video format and provide students with a helpful step-by-step visual for each step. With eight total sections, there are two modules per section:
● Store Creation: The first of 16 modules walks you through creating your business website. During this module, you’ll learn how to make the site look pleasing to the eye and easy to navigate. Students learn to do this with the Shopify platform.
● Product Research: Module two shows you how to effectively choose products that will sell well and are relevant to your store. During this time, you’ll learn the best ways to find products that will generate sales.
● Video Creation: This module walks you through how to make videos for advertising purposes. Video content creation is trending as it comes across easier than text or photography does. Customers like watching entertaining content and an ad that effectively uses video ads will do better with sales.
● Algorithmic Targeting: When marketing on social media, working with the platform’s algorithm is key to reaching your target audience. During this module, you’ll learn specifically how to use Facebook’s algorithm to reach as much of your target audience as possible.
● One-Click Upsell: Upselling helps you generate more money as customers continuously add more items to their cart. This module will teach you how to create upsells to increase your average order value.
● Ad Campaign Launching: Launching an ad campaign is a major revenue generator. The more people who become aware of your product, the more likely someone will purchase from your store. The launch module will walk you through how to create and launch an effective ad campaign.
● “Identifying a Winner”: Much like the product research module, this one goes into more detail on how to find more than one signature product. It will also dig deeper on how to effectively analyze a product’s sell-ability.
● Scaling to Seven Figures: After launching an ad campaign, the final module will teach you different scaling strategies that will help you generate more sales.
Along with the main modules, you also receive a number of bonuses when you purchase the course. Here is a list of the added helpers you get to further guarantee your eCommerce business success:
● A System for Product Research
● An Algorithmic Targeting Roadmap
● Automatic and Manual Bidding Bootcamp Mini-Course
● The Big Bang Method
● Influence Marketing Information
● An Email Marketing Bootcamp
● 7-Figure Scaling Strategies
● A Branding Bootcamp
How much does the course cost?
The total cost of the BeyondSixFigures course is $997. This may seem pricey for many, but it may be worth the investment for the future of your eCommerce business.
Does Justin Woll offer any other courses?
Justin Woll offers a mentorship program separately from the eCommerce course and it costs roughly $5,000. This mentorship program comes with six months of one-on-one coaching and is sold separately from the eCommerce course.
Are there any free courses?
BeyondSixFigures currently offers a free product research accelerator course (normally a $97 value). This course teaches you everything you need to know about product research and how to successfully choose great store products.
How can a class like this be beneficial?
While they aren’t a requirement for opening an eCommerce business, BeyondSixFigures and other courses like it help you gain the necessary knowledge on important aspects of the eCommerce world. If you learn best by seeing, this course, in particular, is great because Woll teaches you via pre-recorded video. He goes over each step in the process and explains everything in a way that is easy to understand.
This course is meant for business owners of all skill levels. The course is designed to meet you where you are whether you’re a complete newbie or an eCommerce veteran. While the main course modules are more catered to beginners, the added bonuses that come with the course are slightly more advanced. This is helpful for those who are looking for a little bit of an extra challenge.
With this said, the course isn’t meant to be a “get rich quick” scheme, the point is to set you up for success by equipping you with the necessary tools. All in all, the course is a solid foundation for starting your eCommerce business.
It’s also worth noting here that although the course is easy to get the hang of, it can feel overwhelming at first if you’re new to eCommerce. There is a lot that goes into building a successful eCommerce store and that is reflected in this course.
This course has received mixed reviews and comes with a variety of pros and cons. This course is helpful in setting foundational learning. You learn everything you need for running an eCommerce website and you also have the opportunity to purchase a separate mentorship program to continue that help.
While skeptics don’t consider the course a scam, much express concern over a few things like the fact that there aren’t any returns allowed. Also, some have expressed concern that a lot of the information offered in the course can be found online for free.
Let’s take a closer look at the pros and cons of the BeyondSixFigures course:
● Students gain foundational knowledge of eCommerce website building.
● Woll is knowledgeable about the topic.
● Woll also has a good track record in the eCommerce world.
● There is a slew of testimonials from previous students about how helpful the course was.
● The course structure is easy to navigate and follow, regardless of skill level.
● The course won’t guarantee overnight success. You’ll need to do a little extra work.
● The course and mentorship are pricey and not feasible for those who don’t have extra money to spend.
● No refunds are issued for the course. Because the price is high, this may prove frustrating if you don’t click with the content.
The best thing about eCommerce and having an online presence is that it costs less than it would be to have a brick-and-mortar building. Operating online also allows you to widely expand your customer base too. Because of these two reasons, you’re likely to become successful much faster than you would with a physical store. Along with this, it’s easier to keep track of sales and other logistics if you’re operating solely online.
Because eCommerce is gaining more and more popularity, knowing how to effectively incorporate it into your business and brand is essential. As any business owner knows, staying up-to-date on current trends and practices can make or break your business. In order to stay relevant, it’s important to embrace eCommerce and internet websites.
BeyondSixFigures, and other eCommerce courses in general, provide business owners with the necessary tools for business success. While they may not be everyone’s cup of tea, many people benefit from learning new skills in a classroom type of setting. This Justin Woll course really caters to that as you work through several different modules and will likely need to take notes.
Taking an online eCommerce course can benefit you because you learn from experts in the field. They’re able to share their personal experience with you and give you insight on how to not make common mistakes in your business practices. Along with that, these courses offer great networking opportunities. For the BeyondSixFigures course, there’s also a corresponding Facebook group you can join for accountability with other eCommerce business owners.
So, is the eCommerce course BeyondSixFigures a scam? All signs point to no here. This course isn’t some kind of get-rich-quick scheme and it requires you to do the work by applying what you learn to your business. Despite the cost, the course has been helpful for a large number of people.
Personally, we recommend this for anyone who can swing the financial cost. We’ve come to this conclusion because Woll doesn’t skimp on any important information and lays the course out in a way that is easy to follow and uses engaging content.
On top of this, it’s also one of the most highly rated one-on-one courses and mentorship programs in the industry. Previous students of the course have nothing but good things to say about the course, and although you have to put in the work after the course, the fundamental knowledge you get is top tier.
The free bonus material that comes with the course also trumps any con the course presents. You’re truly presented with the necessary tools for success in eCommerce. To add to this, BeyondSixFigures now offers a product research accelerator course that is free for a limited time ($97 value).
The course teaches you how to differentiate bad products from good ones, methods for identifying profitable niches and products, how to avoid failing like 95% of eCommerce stores, proper fund allocation, and a winning product index criteria among other things.
All in all, if you’re in eCommerce business and you’re looking for ways to amp up your website and business practices, BeyondSixFigures is worth checking out.